1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top 25 comes out at 6 PM....

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Dec 1, 2003.

1. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

we had 3 votes last week, it would be nice to steal the 25 spot. oddly enough, UNCA and Syracuse's coaches are voters.:D

The Board of Coaches is made up of 30 head coaches at Division I institutions. All are members of the National Association of Basketball Coaches. The 2001-02 voters: Dana Altman, Creighton; Eddie Biedenbach, UNC-Asheville; Jim Boeheim, Syracuse; Rickey Broussard, Nicholls St.; Barry Collier, Nebraska; Dick Davey, Santa Clara; Fran Dunphy, Pennsylvania; Jessie Evans, Louisiana-Lafayette; Rob Evans, Arizona State; Steve Fisher, San Diego State; Patrick Flannery, Bucknell; Tom Green, Fairleigh Dickinson; Dan Hipsher, Akron; Bob Huggins, Cincinnati; Gene Keady, Purdue; Jim Kerwin, Western Illinois; Mack McCarthy, Virginia Commonwealth; Bobby McKillop, Davidson; Joe Mihalich, Niagara; Ron Mitchell, Coppin State, Dave Odom, South Carolina; Oliver Purnell, Dayton; Rick Samuels, Eastern Illinois; Joel Sobotka, Portland State; Kirk Speraw, Central Florida; Bob Thomason, Pacific; Perry Watson, Detroit Mercy; Davey Whitney, Alcorn State; Gary Williams, Maryland; Willis Wilson, Rice; Dennis Wolff, Boston University.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2003
  2. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

Umm, didn't Oliver Purnell leave Dayton for Clemson about 9 months ago?

That says a lot about that list.

Metro, I see 4 guys that I believe are likely to insert us into the 20-25 range. Think it'll take more than that to steal a spot. I would like to see us move up the "others receiving votes" list though.

Let's just take care of business on this roadtrip, then Davidson and App St revenge dates @Halton, and worry about the polls later.

3. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Don't expect much help from Boeheim. Biedenbach, Huggins and McKillop are the 3 votes we got.

The list of voters isn't too impressive, representing Akron, Alcorn State, Bucknell, Central Florida, Coppin State, Eastern Illinois, Fairleigh Dickinson, Niagara, Nicholls State, Pacific, Portland State, Virginia Commonwealth and Western Illinois among others.

4. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

It's December 1, why do you even care?

5. ezy ryder

ezy ryder =o&o>

National exposure.

6. HighPoint49er

That was an old list of coaches.

The USA TODAY/ESPN Board of Coaches is made up of 31 Division I head coaches. All are members of the National Association of Basketball Coaches. The 2002-03 board: Dana Altman, Creighton; Tevester Anderson, Jackson State; Eddie Biedenbach, North Carolina-Asheville; Jim Boeheim, Syracuse; Barry Collier, Nebraska; Joe Cravens, Weber State; Dick Davey, Santa Clara; Mike Dement, Southern Methodist; Fran Dunphy, Pennsylvania; Jessie Evans, Louisiana-Lafayette; Rob Evans, Arizona State; Steve Fisher, San Diego State; Pat Flannery, Bucknell; Tom Green, Fairleigh Dickinson; David Henderson, Delaware, Dan Hipsher, Akron; Bob Huggins, Cincinnati; Gene Keady, Purdue; Eddie McCarter, Texas-Arlington; Bob McKillop, Davidson; Phil Martelli, Saint Joseph's; Joe Mihalich, Niagara; Ronald "Fang" Mitchell, Coppin State; Dave Odom, South Carolina; Rick Samuels, Eastern Illinois; Kirk Speraw, Central Florida; Bob Thomason, Pacific; Perry Watson, Detroit Mercy; Gary Williams, Maryland; Dennis Wolff, Boston University; Rich Zvosec, Missouri-Kansas City.

7. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

You're joking, right?

8. HighPoint49er

The 49ers have national exposure ezy. The exposure problem is within the borders of North Carolina.

9. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

I personally dont want the target on our backs this early in the season. The team's not ready for it. If they'd played together all last year then sure.

I'd rather sneak up on folks around the holidays and work our way up slowly (assuming we're good enough).

I was hoping that Boeheim's dis was just a motivational tool for his team and that he secretly respects us. But I have no idea if that's true. He didnt show much knowledge in that Jason Jordan interview.

I agree - Huggs, Biedenbach & McKillop are the main 3. I'd like to think that Phil Martelli is our kind of guy who loves the up and comer teams and wants to give props to a future conference member, but he also probably hasnt seen us play. Odom will never vote for us, and most of the other coaches are from schools/conferences that we arent gonna play.

Will be hard to impress enough of them.

10. sf49er

sf49er Full Access Member

We will not be ranked this week, the loss to GW kept us out, plus GA Tech made it in over us.