1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the Olympus E500

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Crimsongator, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Crimsongator

Crimsongator 17 NCs

I have been thinking about buying a new camera, so far I have looked at the Nikon D40, the CanonE something - memory fades quickly these days and the Olympus E500. I have been using the Olympus 750 for the past few years but want to upgrade. Any and all thoughts appreciated.

CGator

2. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

I have used Nikon for years and currently own a N75 and a D80. I can tell you that the Nikon camera has always been a fantastic camera to me and one that is very easy to use. The center weight metering is very sharp and this new D80 is a whole new world to me. I have heard a lot of great things about the D40, although I would probably get the D40x for the 10 megapixle.

I have no experience with the Olympus, but I am sure it is a fine camera in it's own right, I just doubt it has the support and interchangeability of the Nikon.

3. Big Mark

Big Mark Full Access Member

if you're going dSLR I'd suggest going Canon or Nikon. I love my XTi, but I'm certainly not going to get in a pissing match with the Nikon folks - I'm sure their stuff is awesome too.

For that matter, I'm sure the Oly. E500 is great, but just from casually looking around the interweb, it's a whole lot easier to get lenses and accesories for Canon and Nikon than it is oly