1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

This moment...

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by magnus, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Sports Babe

The Sports Babe Banned From TBR

Is that a song?

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I don't loathe Nickelback. As a matter of fact, when that first song came out, I put it on a mix CD. There wasn't any good mainstream rock out at the time, and as it turns out, it wasn't that good either. But I can't totally blame them for no one else being worth a shit either - that's where I place my angst at shitty guy coverbands who feel like Bush is their variation on playing something that isn't 3 Doors Down/NickelBack/Matchbox 20. Those cocksuckers can go right to hell, far as I'm concerned, because they have no constraints whatsoever on what they play (or if they do their own music).

That and I love new music, especially indie type stuff I haven't otherwise heard of, but it takes a lot of fucking effort to try to be indie, and then you're just a prick about it if you are. People take "indie" too far. Like what you like, unapologetically, as far as I'm concerned. Just do it a bit more informed, find a few different things, open your horizons. That's where I gotta agree with HH, because people who listen to Nickelback aren't often the type who have looked for the type shit they'd really probably like deep in their heart.

And that sucks. There's too much good shit out there to listen to Nickelback because no one's putting out good rock music on the radio right now. If I'm forced to choose between them and Linkin Park, I'm probably going to choose Nickelback, I guess. But why choose? There's plenty of shit I absolutely love, that I've not delved deeply enough into.

I think specifically I know what's eating HH. He posts lyrics that he feels are fucking lights-out incredible. Nothing better in his mind. And SportsBabe kinda infringed on that territory, with a song whose lyrics really don't 'own'. SO I can get down with where he's at there, I just wouldn't have ragged her for it. Different strokes, you know? And she's feeling defensive about it, which I can understand.
    I appreciate the addition to my e-penis enhancing, pretentious-assed, self-serving thread I started and welcome her to it.

P.S., fuck Nickelback.

Run For Your Life (Robert Randolph and the Family Band, 3/3/02, Fox Theater, Boulder, CO)

3. The Sports Babe

Wow! I didn't expect a dissertation. I'm not a NB fan, I just like that particular song because it's relevent to what's going on in my life right now. I have more of an ecclectic approach to music. I like what I like. I'm not so stubborn to say that I don't like a particular genre of music because it's too mainstream or whatever other reason one would use. Again, I like what is soothing to my ears.
    BTW, what is "indie?"

4. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

Independent (Labels).

BTW, your comeback made me chuckle a little.

Maybe I am being a prick - but understand where I'm coming from. Why be so frustrated when I see someone laud absolute garbage like that? Because, folks who do that, and more precisely, folks who will just accept and even embrace whatever shit they're fed have ruined modern music. Because of that attitude, these god awful hacks (boy bands, pretentious, talentless female solo acts, nu/rap metal, new country, 90% of hip hop & R&B, novelty acts and every other genre where the performers don't write their songs and/or are 90% appearance and 10% substance) and ClearChannel have RUINED modern music. They shovel shit, and the "sheeple" buy it. The hacks, labels & clearchannel get rich. Legitimate artists (you know, the less physically attractive people who can actually sing, play instruments, and god forbid, write a song) are pushed to the wayside, exiled to college stations, holdout mom & pop record shops, and some lonely geek's (aka my) mp3 playlist... Rinse, and repeat.

So Fuck Nickelback. Fuck people who swallow what the big labels & sleazy producers feed them. And definitely fuck clearchannel for homogenizing the airwaves with this shlock. You've ruined a good thing. Possibly killed it forever. It's certainly on life support now.

Sorry for the dissertation, but I've had a shitty day. And even though I'm a prick about it, I'm 100% right.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  5. The Sports Babe

Sorry to fluster you, babes. While I do admire your passion for "alternative" music for lack of a better word, it doesn't change my steadfastness to listen to what I like. Perhaps you could recommend some things to me and I can get back to you and let you know what I think.
    Keep that passion for your music because it's a sorely missed attribute in today's debauchery we call a world.
    Ciao!

6. voyergirl

voyergirl y'all suck

no, but he could run it through a mixer and be a dead ringer for the orca mating calls thing.

7. The Sports Babe

uh oh!

8. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

You werent talking to me, but I would suggest Porcupine Tree. In Absentia would be a good starting point....thats the name of their more commercially known CD found at most Best Buys. Once you decided if that's to your likeing we can work out the rest. Enjoy.

9. A German

A German yearning to breathe free!

Boehse Onkelz - Danke

10. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Celebrate - Three Dog Night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.