1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Truth Detected

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Aug 15, 2004.

1. rake

rake Need one of these

:rofl:

Please tell me that there is an entire archive of "squirrels in bars" pics!

Lead me to them y2 :D

2. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

he needs to learn when to tuck and go under the pile a bit and just accept the 4 to 5 yds that are there when the game is not depending on him to pick up those couple extra yds. he takes a lot of big, big hits. he's always getting the shit clocked out of hisself. anybody else notice that. for our team, and the longevity of his career i wish he would watch film of marshall faulk and just take what's there sometimes. i mean, he's got nothing to prove, the whole nfl knows what he can do when he needs to, and what happens when he tries to do it every play.

3. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

i've never been one for not fighting for the extra yards but you have me swaying in my opinion

4. buck nasty

really, its how he got hurt in the preseason game. it may have happened at some point anyway, i'm no expert on his injury or condition previously, but he could have easily avoided having 10 guys hanging on him on that play.

5. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

I do not seem to recall this Foster debate after this moment

[​IMG]

I think the man still deserves just a smidgen of respect and not be so dumped on after the first preseason game...

6. buck nasty

i, by no means, was dumping on him, and i'm not sure if you got that out of my post or not. i'm just saying what i've felt since i've seen him play in a panthers uniform. he is one of my favorite players, but the fumbles are getting old. his incredible effort in big situations is not though. and i don't like seeing him getting his snot knocked out. there is a difference between delivering a blow as a rb and taking one. i think he could avoid some of the ones where he's taking it by using his head a little more.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  7. y2b

y2b King of QC

The problem here PantherFanz is that there's just not a lot to complain about outside of argueing about who the back-up QB should be...

it's new territory for some of these whiners

8. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

Ahh yes, I understand the dilemma....

9. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Not whining about Foster at all. But Foster sucked in the skins game - he fumbled and dangled the ball and averaged 2.5 ypc. Does that not suck? Did I watch it wrong?

I'm saying he's not as good as Davis. The biggest problem is his inability to hold onto the ball. And it hasn't gotten better - and that's a concern.

I'm sure he knows about it. I'm sure he's had the film rewound and replayed, and had his ass chewed out about it. He payed the price for his fumbling by falling on draft day, and that ganked a coupla million bucks outta his pocket - but he still fumbles.

Without question, I want Foster on the team. But he's a big target, and should be.

Ahman Green had those problems - Holmgren traded him for Troy Vinson. Bad move. But I think Foster can be as good as green. While he's holding the ball like that, he won't be.

And honestly - if he doesn't stop fumbling, I don't see him getting a long term extension - which I think really sucks.

Fuckers.

10. buck nasty

what he said, + pussies