1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Truth Detected

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Aug 15, 2004.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Yeah, watching it now, second string line is just fucking awful.

2. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

And then the line opens a great ball, and foster pt it on the ground.

3. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Foster still carrying the rock away from his body?

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Every play. The scariest was when we were backed up near our goal line. He ran outside - backwards - with that ball about 20' away from his body.

5. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

Complacency sucks. I hope this problem isnt a reflection of the other 52 guys that make the final roster.

6. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

fuck. it was a problem before we drafted him and was a big reason why he fell to us. it was a problem last year and now all of a sudden its complacency. he looked to me to run as hard as ever, but hasn't corrected the problem of holding onto the ball. since he's got the rep everyone knows there's a good chance they can rip it out so they go at it with more vigor than they mite. it compounds the problem. it's like weinke throwing to his left ... i've been hearing that it's a simple problem of mechanics for three years and yet the problem doesn't seem to go away. and i don't think it simply a matter of him not holding it close as i'm thinking the first one looked pretty tucked away yet it still got ripped out. second one maybe ... but i think that play is one of my theories that he tends to spin going for extra yardage and expose the ball when there's contact. it's almost like it would be better if he just went down but then ya wouldn't get the plays like the TD against the iggles.

7. y2b

y2b King of QC

you guys get off Foster and take the bad with the good...used to be all over our 3rd WR/PR about the same shit...the more you talk about it, the more it happens...baad juju

Foster is a stud back, and when you have someone giving second, third, forth efforts for more yardage, the shit is going to happen. When it happens, people will be gunning to strip you. So what.

I gauranfuckingtee you when all 11 guys start going for the ball on Foster, he's gone for 6...he'll handle his business.

now go back watch some Philly highlites and shut the fuck up

8. rake

rake Need one of these

Some RBs who fancy themselves as “shifty” and “elusive” and other such colorful adjectives use their arms as rudders to right their balance when they’ve been a little too tricky. IMO Foster needs to calm down a bit and cut down on throwing any move that causes his ball-carrying arm to windmill uncontrollably until he can better learn how to control that. Maybe he needs to go through an entire tackling drill with the ball tucked and several layers of gaff tape wrapped around his torso to keep it there. If there is no way for the ball to come out maybe that would demonstrate the kind of constant pressure it takes to keep the ball safe. He is going to go from hero to goat the very first time he coughs it up carelessly in a regular season game. Not just in here but he'll hear it immediately from the crowds and local media. Timmy B got us all pretty sensitive to that crap.(

9. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

[​IMG]

10. y2b

y2b King of QC

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006