1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The TBR Homebrewing thread

Discussion in 'Food & Drink Forum' started by vpkozel, May 17, 2004.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I gotta digest all this, but all the info is appreciated.

2. jnwta

jnwta Faded away.

Yeah, this is something I have been wanting to do myself...I will check out all the info here and the links....see what kind of mess I can get myself into....:woohoo:

3. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

5. vpkozel

I'd say merge them all - can you still have the official sly/vp homebrew thread as teh title though? I want my props!!! :bananalam

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I would say you (and anyone else that's interested) should head down here for a day and check things out. It would make me brew again and you would get to see what's up with the whole process.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

hadn't noticed that. It usually takes the form of the one initially merged. I'll change it.

Yeah, told my friend about it and he was excited about that. I want to get my shit together first so I can absorb it all. I'd like to get started by spring to catch some of the major beer holidays (St. Pat's, 5deMayo) and then transition into the major beer festivals up and down 85 so I can talk with some of the brewers. Either way, it should be fairly soon.

He lives in CLT during the week, so it'll be whenever I can come down and he's not up here.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Found the 2nd ed. Papazian used for $4. Can't turn that down.

So, reading up, and checking some things out. Jake really liked the Clone Brew book - or whatever the name is - on reproducing favorite beers.

Jake's girl is head of catering at a fairly sizeable business, so she's seeing what we can get wholesale and is working on getting some kegging. We're going to attempt one batch and then probably take you up on that demo offer, so we have some idea of what we're talking about.

8. vpkozel

Get her to talk to her coca cola rep, they have access to literally millions of these kegs that would retail for 25 - 30 bucks. They don't really care what happens to them though and would most likely not ever have a problem leaving a few behind with every delivery. That'll start to add up to real money after a while. If she can swing this, let me know - I might be interested in buying or bartering for a couple. About the only thing that you'd have to do to them is clean them and change the o rings - all of which is easy and would cost about $3.

If you are interested in cloning beers, do a search for it - there are literally thousands of sites out there with that info. I had some bookmarked, but they are all dead now.

To start out with, I would recommend that you go with some basics, then build from there.

9. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

you're better off building your own kegs, imhmfo.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

how?

you brew?