1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Tarheels

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 5, 2008.

1. TheGame08

TheGame08 Full Access Member

He didn't want to travel half way across the country to play a mediocre team in a place where they do no recruiting. I understand why he did it, but I still hate playing two D-1AA schools.

2. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

The Heels '08 roster had players from California, Texas, Arkanasas, Arizona, and Missouri so I'm not sure I buy that reason for cancelling the game. If there was a player in Boulder Davis wanted he'd recruit there. Playing a mediocre team obviously isn't something Davis is opposed to either given two D-1AA teams on the schedule.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Colorado would have been a good test. Hawkins seems to have that program headed in the right direction.

4. TheGame08

TheGame08 Full Access Member

I also heard that Maryland wanted to cancel their series with West Virginia, and UNC wanted out of theirs with Colorado, so UNC offered the Colorado series to West Virginia and UNC and Maryland had to find replacements. UNC had to settle for McNeese State and appearantly Georgia Southern.

5. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

That's what I was thinking. Maybe Davis didn't want a possible "L" on the schedule taking Bowls, etc into consideration. I'll go with that unless someone knows why he wanted to avoid Colorado.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Butch usually has some solid non-conference opponents so it doesn't seem like he would just be ducking them. I'd be curious to know the official explanation as well.

7. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

"scared" comes to mind

8. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

I don't know about "scared"...but it just could harm his "overall" record and we all know thats what counts. So to the general football population Colorado or Ga Southern.....Does it REALLY matter?? All that matters is the W.

9. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

I agree...when you're trying to rebuild, its kind of dumb to pull a Bunting and ADD Oklahoma to your schedule when you already start with FSU and Texas.

Doing shit like that is fine when you're Ohio State and dont play jack in conference so you go ahead and add a Texas or USC. You gotta get there first.

10. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

Go Pirates!!!