1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Tarheels

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 5, 2008.

1. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

No, one can't fault one for pulling for a team they have pulled for their entire life. However, one can respond when that person talks trash. :bdent:

2. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

John blake to UT?

3. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

you're reading too much message board propaganda

4. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

What else would we talk about? We need rumors so we have something to argue about!

5. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

another big lineman chooses UNC over NC State

“I’m heading to Chapel Hill,” Bond said.
    Bond, a 6-foot-7, 323-pound offensive lineman from Windsor (N.C.) Bertie, selected UNC over scholarship offers from East Carolina, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Michigan, NC State, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, and Wake Forest.

“I got along so well with the coaches [at UNC],” Bond said. “The players were just so enthused about the upcoming year – they think it’s going to be even better than it was last year. I’m just so excited about everything they’re doing and the things to come.”

Up until Monday morning, Bond has approached his entire recruitment surreptitiously. He never once provided a favorite school in interviews or hinted at a possible leader.

“I didn’t want to make anyone feel like I rushed anything or jumped on the first thing that sounds good,” Bond said. “I just took my time and prayed about it. I talked to my momma about it.”

Bond says he informed UNC coaches Butch Davis, Kenny Browning, and Sam Pittman of his intentions to commit to UNC on Sunday before ending his UNC official visit.

“They were happy, excited, and ready to get me on campus,” Bond said.

Prior to this weekend, Bond admits to giving the staff hints that UNC was his favorite school. However, he says he didn’t officially verbally commit until Sunday.

Committing to UNC has always been, as Bond puts it, “predestined.”

“Growing up, who wasn’t a Carolina basketball fan?” Bond said. “I was a basketball player [growing up], so I always told my momma that I was going to play basketball for Carolina. I never thought that I would get an offer for football.”

Still, though, Bond went through the entire recruiting process. He took official visits to East Carolina, Michigan, UNC, and NC State.

“It gave me a chance to see how the players are at other schools, how the coaches are, the environment – just give me something to compare,” Bond said. “… It was a good process. I took my time with it and now I know I’ve made the right decision.”

Specifically, UNC’s official visit over the weekend firmed up his decision.

“I already knew how the coaches were, but just to talk to some of the players like Tydreke [Powell],” Bond said. “He really opened my eyes and showed me how they really are. He showed how things are on and off the field.”

UNC projects Bond as a left tackle and expects him to see the field early in his collegiate career.

“I think that if I go ahead and do what I need to do in the weight room and in the class room, and learn the plays, I’ll be ready whenever they need me,” Bond said. “[Pittman] said I’m a quick learner so I should be fine.”

Bond is relieved to now have the recruiting process behind him.

“I’m just happy,” Bond said. “People know I’m going to Chapel Hill now. I’m really looking forward to it.”

Bond said he will return to Chapel Hill on Monday evening to watch UNC’s No. 2-

6. wolfpac

wolfpac Full Access Member

I don't think this surprised any NCSU fan. We knew this was coming. Fortunately, we got a 4 star TE over the weekend as well and got a firm commitment from Jarvis Byrd who FSU had really started to pursue.

Hope he enjoys the basketball games!!!

7. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

but stars don't matter, so him being a 4 star, I'm sure he's going to suck.

8. wolfpac

wolfpac Full Access Member

If he can live up to Paulus, you should be fine!!!

9. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

he's your 4 star, you should be concerned.

10. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

3 star saftey chooses UNC over Alabama