1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Tarheels

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 5, 2008.

1. wolfpac

wolfpac Full Access Member

Are you trying to say that the recruiting grounds in South Florida, that he recruited well, didn't help him win? Of course they did and he has nothing like that at UNC-CH. I have already admitted that Butch is doing better this year based on rankings which means little until he gets wins on the field and certainly shouldn't cause concern until he does start winning on the field. 2010 is looking very good for TOB based on current rumblings so far so we will see how it goes. Course, trying to figure out what some 17 year old is going to choose and, even further, is going to accomplish on the field is sorta laughable in the end. Even more funny, and I am guilty of this too, that we all follow it as if any of us have even seen 95% of these guys actually play a game beyond some video on scout/rivals. Of NCSU/UNC 2009 combined classes, I have seen Ray Ray at Sun Valley play and that's about it I believe.

Logic. You claimed one thing and I would agree that you are better than most but I showed that you aren't always objective. Thus, one could reasonably question what motivations led you to make a statement devoid of objectivity by any reasonable standard while claiming otherwise.

2. wolfpac

Unfortunately for him, the law views taking drugs at a party a vastly different offence than selling prescription drugs to a bunch of kids.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Obviously you're a State fan, so some degree of stupidity is inevitable, but come on. You can't seriously be having this hard a time understanding basic concepts. Yes, Davis is a very good recruiter. Yes, part of his success in rebuilding Miami was in bringing in great recruits. Now Davis is bringing in great recruits to Carolina and because you're scared, you pretend like recruiting is not relevant. You can't keep your bullshit consistent, which is one argument for not bullshitting in the first place.

No, I'm not talking about what you meant to say, I'm talking about the gibberish you actually wrote while trying to express a complex thought. Read that passage to yourself out loud.

4. wolfpac

So, you are going on the record that he is getting recruits as talented as what he got at Miami and will have similar success at UNC-CH that he did in Miami?

I did and it still works. You aren't a NCSU fan yet you are telling us what we should be doing which isn't an objective statement at all but merely your personal feelings on the subject. Thus, it is not an objective statement meaning you aren't as objective as you claim (again, I continue to give you the fact that you are more than most). Thus, someone completely outside with no bias would clearly say you were not objective and your statment was not from a unbised standpoint. If I wanted to consolidate it in less words, I probably could but the intent and end result would be the same.

5. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

you just spelled offense with a c, that's awesome.

6. wolfpac

How very British of me though I think the deep Southern accent would give me away. :seeya:

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

You're either retarded or unapologetically dishonest. State fans are known for both, so I have no idea which is responsible for your latest idiotic post. No, I'm not saying that the recruits he's getting now are as good as the ones he got at Miami, or that he will build North Carolina into a national power. I'm saying what is obvious to everyone besides State fans and other ABCers, that Davis is bringing in better recruiting classes than any football program in North Carolina has ever seen, and that his previous success is reason to believe that he will enjoy great success with the Tar Heels. You, on the other hand, want to pretend that he only won at Miami because of recruiting while also insisting that recruiting means little at UNC.

My problem is that I'm trying to have rational discourse with a State fan. Cow cleaning savant, NCSU fans would be the least objective for analyzing NCSU fan behavior. That's obvious, at least to anyone except you. UNC fans wouldn't be much better in general, but I've shown over the years that I have the ability to remain objective about teams and players I either love or loathe. It's pretty clear that State fans are worried about the massive recruiting advantage Davis has built over O'Brien, but I understand why you as a fan would want to make excuses to belittle that.

8. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

you have a southern accent? I would've never guessed :thinking:

9. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

I'm sure there is about 10 words in your response he'll have to look up or pretend he knows and reply with an awesome answer.

I'll start it for him

"Collin, scoreboard buddy, 41-10"

10. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

I really hope Wolfpac doesn't embarrass you by posting his college diploma on here.