1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Tarheels

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 5, 2008.

1. wolfpac

wolfpac Full Access Member

Given Butch's record against TOB is starting to look like Amato's versus Bunting, that may be a decent comparison actually. Lot's of hype and supposed stars and can't ever get over the hump. Yep, sounds sorta similar.

2. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

:hihi:
    Recruiting rankings.........

:lmao:

3. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

Nice try. Butch has a track record with "supposed staaaas" and results.

Amato never did shit.

4. wolfpac

Track record at Miami doesn't equal track record at UNC. His track record so far is 0-2 at UNC and a bunch of hype. Sounds just like Amato so far. Again, stop thinking you are anything remotely close to what he had at Miami. You simply aren't and never will be.

5. wolfpac

You don't realize the most awesome contribution of 4 staaaaa Mike Paulus compared to 2 staaaaa Russell Wilson. Butch is most excellent at using his staaaaas because doggonit, UNC is the next Miami. Track record and all....

6. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

63-29-6

Track Record.

7. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

Davis track record at UNC, 0-2.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

That's only because Carolina barely recruited anyone in 2008 due to being such a young team. As far as I know, neither school's class was rated in the top 25.
    Uh ... no. You're ignoring the 2007 classes where Butch Davis convinced Marvin Austin and others to attend UNC. Obviously O'Brien wasn't at State early enough to make much of an impact on recruiting there, but he has never recruited any player at BC or NCSU as highly rated as Austin. Plus UNC's advantage in the 2009 class is massive, while you mentioned that the difference in 2008 was negligible even though State signed more total players.
    Two games is a ridiculously small sample from which to draw conclusions. Sure, if State continues to beat UNC then you'll have something to argue. Moreover, Butch Davis took Miami to higher levels than O'Brien ever reached at BC. People forget that the Hurricanes were viewed as a reclamation project when Davis took over, and that he rebuilt them into a national power.
    No, I see things objectively while you don't. I've never had a problem with team preference coloring my biases while State fans have to be constantly optimistic or their school's embarrassing lack of success would lead to bigger suicides than Jonestown.

9. wolfpac

I admitted that I forgot to add the 2007 class in a later post as I didn't think about it since both coaches came in mid-recruiting year so yes, if it makes one feel better, give Davis a 2-1 advantage. As I mentioned later, those players are 0-2 versus NCSU so far so not anything to make TOB scared yet from them. Especially the DL with 5 staaaaaaa Austin isn't really something to brag about as we gashed them for 187 yards this year and our OL will be better next year when we can get actual OL recruits on there instead of converted DL.

And that would be valid if Davis had anywhere near the recruiting grounds he had at Miami. He obviously doesn't at UNC and TOB's grounds got much better than what he could do at BC (look at their current problems with their class sitting around Temple's class). Which leads to your next quote....

That would be really nice to have some messianic sense of yourself if you didn't make quotes like this:

There is absolutely nothing concerning yet for TOB compared to UNC-Ch. He is 2-0 against them so far and has young talent as well. When UNC's ranking is built up by guys like Paulus and is not translating to the field yet, why would we be concerned? And since you obviously can't speak for NCSU fans, then that is not an objective statement meaning you can say some things without objectivity which then leads someone completely outside the situation to say statements like that would be made by you from a non-objective standpoint. Now, you certainly do a better job than most and I wouldn't disagree with that at all but let's not promote one-self to messianic status quite yet.

By definition (borrowed from dictionary.com), having an Objective Opinion is defined as being "not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased". Yet, it is your personal feelings, or interpretation if you will, that NCSU fans should be concerned. Thus, by definition, you lost objectivity with that statement so I am free to say that you can be biased by your team prefence regardless of how you feel about it. I just happen to not try to hide behind it. Yeah, in this matter, I am happily biased and free to do so and surprisingly, not suicidal about it at all.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  10. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

No but by god he coached up a walk- on to knock him on his big fat 5 star ass over and over and over for 2 consecutive years. Sorry I'll take game day any day.

T

Yea because you did it in Florida you can do it anywhere

Signed

Steve Spurrier

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009