1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Tarheels

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

TOB looks good, NC State looks bad.

2. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

Yea because the graduation rates should be considered what Amato did, not TOB. Thanks for posting that percentage once again.

3. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

TOB could coach til he's 100 and never sniff a 93% graduation rate at State.

And that's not really a knock on State or TOB - it's just reality.

4. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

NC State is as responsible as Amato, it's their scholarships they're handing out.

5. LClefty04

Coaches can get any player(s) they want no matter what academic problem there is and as a UNC fan you should know that.

Wossa, nobody knows that but i don't think he would change the type of player(s) he recruits or change his academic standards for each player.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  6. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I laffed.

7. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Seriously. There are many, many athletes that would never sniff college if not for their respective sport. Most schools bend the rules to allow athletes. It's about the money and jobs, not graduating, no matter what the NCAA says.

8. LClefty04

I agree...I have seen it happen.

9. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

I got a very nice letter from Mr. Collins sent to me today;

Thanks for the interest in David and his recruitment. To answer you question.....It was not that NCSU was not recruiting him...they were... but at the time David committed to UNC he had not been extended an offer by State ... the only other offer was ECU....he committed three days before we were scheduled to attend NCSU junior day...I expect that David would have eventually received an offer from State as well as other schools had he stayed in the market (Maryland and WCU offered after he committed to UNC)....the fact is he found in the UNC staff exactly what he was looking for ....every school operates on a different time table regarding extending offers (e.g Brennan Williams was offered late by UNC) ....understanding this, while flattered by the receipt of an early offer by UNC, David made the decision to commit after assuming all the schools that expressed interest in him would offer and then comparing them to the opportunity at UNC....bottom line after comparing all schools to UNC, he considered only WFU and NCSU as schools that could contend with UNC....because he had already spent so much time at these schools,he needed no additional information on WFU or NCSU....he eliminated WFU(which had recruited him for 2 years) as he was not as comfortable with Coach Lobo as he was with Coach Pittman and though he liked the State staff. My guess both would have offered by the end of camp in the summer as well as many other schools....you need to understand that recruiting for high school is a grueling process and making an early decision that a kid is happy with is the best thing a kid can do....he has no regrets and is excited about being a Tar Heel....I can not say enough good things about the UNC staff and the way they recruited my kid.

10. LClefty04

Well this sums up everything I have been telling you, State never offered and he jumped the gun and commited to UNC without waiting for an offer from State. If he had waited 3 days it maybe different but it was his choice and I have no clue why his dad has to think he has to speak for his son, he made his choice so move on.