1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Tarheels

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 5, 2008.

1. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

What?

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

No, but that should be obvious to anyone with half a brain. It was clearly meant to denote that UNC has very raely been investigated in any sport, but also specifically in the football program.

But I hope the weather is awesome there in delusion land.

3. vpkozel

You keep mentioning tutors and cheating - could you please provide proof of where the univiersity was involved or even knew of those issues.

4. LClefty04

I'll let the NCAA probation be my proof.

You honestly think that there was no academic issues at UNC?

5. vpkozel

So, you admit that you currently have no proof. Then why do you keep throwing around the allegations?

Based on my experience in school there and the folks that I still know there, I would say that I do not believe that there were any academic problems that the university was involved in or should have reasonably known about. And that doesn't app;y to just football, but all of the academic programs. As much as you may hate to admit it, UNC has one of the cleanest records of any major university when it comes to NCAA compliance.

I believe that UNC should hold itself to a higher standard and if anyone is found to be involved in academic violations, I hope that they are fired immediately - and that goes all the way up to the chancellor.

However, I am also realistic enough to know that all violations are not equal and from what I have seen so far, the suspended players could and did easily hide what they had received.

But by all means keep yucking it up if it makes you feel better about your university and yourself. At least try to stick to some semblance of the facts though.

6. LClefty04

Has the NCAA stated that everything is fine at UNC?

7. vpkozel

Have they stated anything about the academic violations you keep mentioning?

8. LClefty04

The fact they haven't stated anything leads me to believe they found something. If they found no violations then they would have came out and cleared UNC of all wrong doing.

9. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

Attached Files:

10. wolfpac

wolfpac Full Access Member

Odin, EXACTLY! LOL!

Look, a tutor with very close connections to Butch Davis has been found to be in the wrong. That much is known. So, at the end of the day, we know she was keeping them eligible (not that they actually helped all that much since Butch sold his soul for the tire bowl). We don't know yet how much she did or for how long which I'm sure the NCAA is trying to figure out.

We also know of some instances where players were getting money. Mostly because the thugs happened to be class A morons and tweeted about it. We don't know what else the NCAA has found yet EXCEPT there are multiple runners involved INCLUDING your freaking Assistant Head Coach (and lead recruiter at the time - hmmmmm), a former player who was still allowed access to the program (Hawkins), and a decent chance that Marvin Austin himself could be defined as a runner (have to wait and see what the NCAA decides about that).

The entire program is dirty and if Butch really had no clue, he needs to be fired for incompetence (though we'd prefer he stay since he can't beat NCSU). Go back to when Marvin Austin signed with UNC-CH and there are signs it started at the very beginning. He made a quote on his signing day of how Blake talked to him about investing (I posted it on one of these threads though i can't remember which one). Wonder what he had to invest? Course, lose to Duke and he may be fired for one of the worst choke jobs ever. All that 4 and 5 staaaaaaa talent and struggling to have a winning record.

You may want to read the Yahoo Sports articles on the connections between Wichard and Blake. Blake is your #2 in charge under Butch and if Butch can't control the guy right below him, he has no capacity to control a program.