1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Tarheels

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 5, 2008.

1. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Agree with everything you said, SS. If the heels were to lose to Duke next week, and the BB team already been punked in November, I would expect mass suicide in chapel hill ...

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

No, actually - it really doesn't.

I'm not happy about the record, but I certainly can't fault the effort of the team or the coaches given the suspensions, removal of redshirts, and the timing of all the stuff that happened.

I also can't see the back of Baddour fast enough, but I don't know when that may happen. The Davis decision will be a tough one as I still do not see anything that was institutional in the wrongdoing. Nor is there anything that was so outlandish that I think that overlooking it was negligence or willful blindness.

If somegthing comes of the academic allegations, then certainly Butch should be gone. So should Baddour, the chancellor, and any student or faculty member who particpated or turned a blind eye.

As for the b-ball team, maybe I should bump the Santa Clara thread from the year we won the championship to see how many of you haters were saying the season was doomed and how overrated the Heels were. It's a young team - these things happen. However, I will say that after last year, Roy better realize that there is more than one way to play the game of basketball and a good coach can adjust his style to the players that he has.

3. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Next year.

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

:nono:

You must feel like a complete idiot.

5. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

Worse idea ever.

6. wolfpac

wolfpac Full Access Member

Eh, depends on your perspective. I mean look, it doesn't take a Dwight Jones level of intelligence to figure out something dirty was going on when all those NFLers kept coming back to school. It also doesn't take the intelligence needed to pass a three week online course to become eligible to figure out that there was no way these little Einsteins were staying academically eligible on their own. It may have taken longer than we NCSU fans wanted but I'm so thankful for the way TOB has built our program.

7. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

DaQuan Romero de-committed. I wonder if ESPN will go back and re-rank once all the de-committers are counted.

8. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Wasn't State recruiting many of those same "geniuses"? As far as I am aware, there has not been much info released on the academic stuff, but so far there has been no confirmation of the University being involved. And is it really that hard for you to understand why a 23 yo would want to come back and spend the summer in Chapel Hill?

9. wolfpac

When he could be a millionaire? And have you ever seen outside a locker room of a professional team? Got to go outside a locker room once when the 76ers were playing in Washington and wow. Just wow. Um yeah, it is hard to understand. Not to mention that they can always go back to Chapel Hill for June and part of July with plenty of money to throw around (or heck, in Chapel Hill, they don't even need money as it's just given to them).

10. wolfpac

Honestly, i can't remember NCSU going hard after many of the guys known to be cheating. Most of the guys were big-time UNC-CH leans from what I remember of them. Even the ones that weren't became big leans when Blake got hired (Marvin Austin for one - wonder why).

Now, some of the Academics stuff becomes quite funny. Jones couldn't make it into Clemson of all schools and even goes down to some Junior College in Georgia and then, out of the blue, UNC-CH finds a way to get him in school. LOL! And Reddick (he of the knee to the throat and a punch thrown during the game Saturday) gets to take a 3 week online course to become eligible. I mean, just funny when you take it along with everything that has happened in the last 6 months.