1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Tarheels

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 5, 2008.

1. wolfpac

wolfpac Full Access Member

Yeah, I think they are planning on doing just that.

2. wolfpac

Snort!

3. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I think we all know that monstercat has said some silly stuff in the past. My guess is he (well, his screen name) is long gone. He'll sign up under a new screen name, but will be easily recognizable through his mindless postings.

4. wolfpac

Going back and re-reading past arguments makes me smile now. kitty = FAIL

5. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

nice of you to show up now...

6. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Key dates in this fiasco:

10-22-06 Bunting fired.
    11-13-06 Davis hired.
    12-15-06 Blake hired.
    2-7-07 Austin commits
    5-29-10 Austin tweets

& the rest is history!:cry:

7. wolfpac

Eh, between 3 kids and work, just haven't had much time lately. Heck, if I had extra time, I would have been gloating on my predictions coming true much earlier.

8. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Tudor: UNC's Butch Davis must go

BY CAULTON TUDOR

Posted: Thursday, Sep. 30, 2010

CHAPEL HILL -- Butch Davis should resign as North Carolina’s football coach.

If that doesn’t happen -- and soon -- the school needs to dismiss Davis. In view of the ongoing and seemingly endless series of investigations into possible transgressions that have occurred during Davis’ supervision of the program, his removal from the job is the single most necessary step in the rehabilitation process for the school and the football program.

Here are two clauses in Davis’ contract under the just cause for dismissal heading:

(b) A violation by COACH, or knowing participation by COACH in a violation, or a violation by the assistant coaches under COACH’S supervision of which COACH had reason to know, should have known through the exercise of his duties under this agreement, or which COACH condoned, of a major NCAA regulation or bylaw, or of a policy of or applicable to UNIVERSITY. For purposes of this Section IX (b), whether or not a violation has occurred shall be reasonably determined in the sole discretion of UNIVERSITY after its review of the relevant facts and circumstances;

(d) conviction by COACH of any felony or any crime that involves dishonesty, or behavior by COACH that displays a continual or serious disrespect for the integrity and ethics of the UNIVERSITY;

On both counts, Davis has committed a breach of duties and responsibility.

It's reasonable to ask why Davis did not know more about former associate head coach John Blake's relationship with sports agent Gary Wichard. The notion that Davis didn’t know and had no reason to be suspicious of Blake’s connections to an agent has become hollow. Even if it’s true, it’s inexcusable.

It certainly wasn’t as though Blake worked as a graduate aide or support staff member. He was the recruiting chief and associate head coach.

Carolina athletic director Dick Baddour and chancellor Holden Thorp have repeatedly stated their support for Davis.

As recently as Wednesday, Baddour was asked if Davis’ status might be re-evaluated at season’s end. "No, it’s already – Coach Davis has got my full support, there’s no reason to wait. I am where I’ve been."

Baddour’s support for the coach he helped bring in is understandable to a point, of course. Having hired and fired Carl Torbush and John Bunting previously, it’s only natural that Baddour wants Davis to succeed.

But how long can the administration stand by and watch one damaging revelation after another?

And can anyone possibly think the school now is going to escape all of this trouble without incurring a heavy NCAA probation?

For the past 10 weeks, there has been a pattern of mismanagement that flows at least into Davis’ office.

What’s going to erupt next? That’s the question that Carolina fans have been asking since the middle of July.

There’s an argument to be made that Davis is a good man and a good coach who made at least one really bad hire.

But none of that changes the fact that too many missteps have been made for Davis to remain in charge of the program.

9. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

doom and gloom
    doom and gloom

10. erhs

erhs Banned From TBR

does he run? stay, ride it out?

any thoughts?:bandana:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010