1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Tarheels

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 5, 2008.

1. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Everett Golson: QB from Myrtle Beach

Reading where he is announcing today. Is UNC the frontrunner?

2. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

yea, both of his parents graduated from UNC

3. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

"I'm verbally committing to North Carolina," Golson said from the auditorium's stage at Myrtle Beach (S.C.) High School.

Stay tuned for InsideCarolina.com's in-depth coverage of the announcement ...

Golson will be a four-year starter at quarterback for Myrtle Beach this fall and currently boasts a career win-loss record of 39-4.

He is one of the most prolific passers in state history, amassing 9,872 yards and 126 touchdowns with 24 interceptions in his first three high school seasons. As a junior, he earned First Team All-State honors, completing 63 percent of his passes for 3,529 yards, an recording 47 touchdowns with just three interceptions.

In Scout.com's preliminary 2011 evaluations, Golson is a four-star prospect, ranked among the Top 10 juniors in South Carolina and in the national Scout 300.

"Golson is a quarterback that can pick defenses apart when given time and lanes to throw through," said Scout.com's Chad Simmons. "His size hurts him because he is not quite 6-feet tall, but he can make each throw top quarterbacks have to make. He has a very quick release, he throws a tight spiral, and he has excellent mobility. He can lock in on receivers at times, so he needs to work on that, but other than that and his size, he does it all at a high level."

4. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

WOW! This kids has some wicked touch on his passes to be a Junior.

5. tarheels72

tarheels72 Full Access Member

I wish they would have went after LeMay from Bulter harder... I think he will be the Real Deal in college.. I do think this kid is very very good. I love how he moves around in the pocket.. We need a QB who can run when he has too. I just hope they let him go from the shotgun more then under center..

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  6. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

it was nice to hear Ndamukong Suh say on Jim Rome is Burning that he came to Nebraska only because of John Blake and the relationship they built. He said he still talks to him once a week and he's like a second father. "Even though he went to UNC, we still talked all the time"

7. The Brain

Possibly still will. The plan on taking 2 QBs in the 2011 class.

8. tarheels72

tarheels72 Full Access Member

I'm still liking the Renner kid who redshirted... I think if they give him a chance he will be good. Not to hot on the Hanson kid..

9. The Brain

agreed 100% with this whole statement.

10. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

I wouldn't be too down on Hanson though. His only real playing time came in the Citadel game, where he was thrown in during garbage time with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers who weren't really used to playing together. That's kind of like a back up NFL QB coming in during the 4th quarter of a preseason game.