1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Tarheels

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 5, 2008.

1. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

Ugh. The point is that perceptions can be changed. I'm not sayng that Butch Davis is going to do exactly what Bobby Bowden did, but we already know that BD is more than capable of building a national contender. That part is not even debatable.

2. TheGame08

TheGame08 Full Access Member

I don't get it either. They are willing to release Maynard from his scholarship allowing him to sign with any school in the country..........except UNC.

3. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

So I guess you plan on hiring Larry Coker soon?

4. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

“Everything is still the same [with my announcement],” Farmer said. “It’s 50-50 now [between the two schools], but I’m going to make my decision on Signing Day.”

Farmer, a 6-foot-2, 257-pound jumbo athlete from Tabor City (N.C.) South Columbus, was scheduled to officially visit UNC this weekend. His plan was to begin the drive up to Chapel Hill on Friday night following his basketball game.

“We were trying to make it up there, but the roads were too bad,” Farmer said. “We just turned around.”

Earlier in the month, Farmer officially visited Clemson.

The absence of a official visit won’t put UNC at a disadvantage, Farmer said.

“I’ve been up [to UNC] plenty of times, so I have a good feel for it,” Farmer said.

During the season, Farmer attended the UNC-East Carolina and UNC-Virginia games, both in Chapel Hill. He also attended UNC’s Junior Day last spring.

If he signs with Clemson, Farmer said he will cancel his UNC official visit.

UNC is recruiting Farmer as a defensive tackle.

5. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

Jabari Price has a different perspective. The Ely defensive back was ready to commit to Minnesota in September but later decided North Carolina was a better fit, and it wasn't because of Tar Heels coach Butch Davis.

Price, who has a 4.0 weighted grade-point average, said his top priority is academics.

"The school itself swayed me," Price said. "They didn't talk that much about academics when I visited Minnesota. It was all football. ... At any given moment, I could get an ACL injury or something and my football career is done. A coach can leave at any time. The school will be there long after I'm gone and my children are gone."

In making decision, what matters more to recruits? Coach or college

www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/hi...1,0,73052.story

6. monstercat

Now why would we do that? His team fell apart once all the BD players left for the NFL.

7. monstercat

If we can get Farmer and Ambles, that would be icing on the cake for me. It looks like they might sign a kid named Gray too, who could possibly be a sleeper DT prospect.

To tell you the truth though, it's the O-linemen and RB's that I'm most excited about for this class...especially since two of those O-linemen are already enrolled and going throught the S&C program as we speak. As far as I'm concerned, things are looking up for this year's offensive unit no matter who wins the starting QB job.

8. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

have you seen this? This is UNC's Zach Brown, LB, what a freak

http://www.prettysporty.com/Photos/UNCClassic10/whur100/pages/NC2_9869a.htm

9. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

Posted by: Bob Lichtenfels, Scout.com East Manager

"I was informed recently that Notre Dame and new head coach Brian Kelly made a strong push late for Monroeville (Pa.) Gateway three-star wide receiver Brendon Felder. Scout.com's No. 63 rated player at his position has been committed to North Carolina since late September. We have since learned from Gateway head coach Terry Smith that Felder will sign with the Tar Heels, Wednesday morning at 9:00 a.m."

10. monstercat

Yeah, Brown has some insane speed for a 225lb LB. He still has a little work to do before we can call him a great LB, but I believe he will get there eventually. Hunter Furr ran the 60 too, and he was only a couple of tenths slower, which is pretty darn fast for a FB.

I'm telling you, Butch Davis is doing the exact same thing here that he did in Miami. It's all about speed and depth. That Felder kid that you mentioned in the other post is another perfect example of the kind of fast athletes he wants on his team. They may not all end up being great players, but when you have enough team speed, you can compete with anybody.