1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Tarheels

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 5, 2008.

1. finleye

finleye como say what?

I do like what Sexton can do with his feet. Yates gave in to too many sacks, too easily, at times when he was in there. That'd be my only big knock on him.

2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

VT goes down to Miami. Heels control their own destiny now.

Damn, this is weird. But I'm diggin' the hell out of it.

3. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Heels have it in front of them. What about all those dropped passes on both sides ?

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

5. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

I hope that's the last time I see Sexton at QB.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

In case anyone wonders, yes I do get tired of being right. It's incredibly frustrating to know something that takes other people weeks to realize.

Frankly, I'm just glad that the idiot refs aren't the ones who cost Carolina the game. After those morons reversed what should have been an obvious call on the incompletion, they only put a few seconds back on the clock. Given that the 3rd down play began with 2:30 left, I'd love to have one of those idiots explain how an incompletion took 51 seconds off the clock. I'm also curious to know what the fuck Butch Davis was doing in not getting the time corrected, or not using his timeouts once Maryland got down to the 11 with 3:37 left.

7. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

Was anyone really arguing that point with you or are you just tooting your horn stating the obvious?

Thats not all, there were several completions out of bounds where the clock kept running as well. Nobody on the UNC coaching staff picked it up.

Couple that with not calling timeouts when MD got down into the red zone, and then CALLING A FREAKING TIME OUT AFTER A UNC FIRST DOWN....UGH.

Butch's in-game clock managment has never been good, GT last year was lost in a similar way, and some of my Miami friends used to bitch about time management back in the day.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Some people were hyping Sexton, but I actually wasn't trying to rub their face in anything. Generally I don't care enough about what other people say to react beyond that initial moment. I was just expressing a genuine feeling of annoyance that I knew better than UNC's coaching staff because it cost them a shot at the Orange Bowl.
    Oddly, clock management does seem to be completely independent from whether or not someone is a good coach in other areas. Still, I can accept that much more readily than the officials themselves fucking up basic rules. A 51 second incompletion is inexplicable and unacceptable. The crew chief should be reprimanded regardless of the outcome.

9. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

On the last drive the Twerps completed a pass where the WR stepped out of bounds and the ref restarted the clock almost immediately (around 4:15 left). Is this a college rule to shorten game times or something?

The Heels are terrible at finishing games off. This goes from the players to the coaches. I'm not going to cry to much with a 7-3 record cause Lord knows after the last few years I'd have given anything to be in this position but still the three losses were games that really should have been W's.

10. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

The ACC is absolutely insane. I think Miami will drop another game then all hell will break loose that hasn't already.