1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

the refs

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by y2b, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Purrsecutioner

Purrsecutioner Full Access Member

2. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Unfortunately, both calls were to the letter. I would like the rules committee to discuss the validity of throwing a flag when a kicker is clearly being a drama queen, but the rules, as they are now, are the rules, and we can't bash the refs for doing their job.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

I thought we deserved the flag. We definitely made serious contact with the kicker, and they do need some sort of protection. I think the fact that we only got a 5 yarder instead of the roughing call was evidence enough that the officials use discretion regarding whether or not the play was truly dangerous or if the kicker is exaggerating.

4. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

If you read this from Charlotte.com you can see for sure that it was A BS call.Lucas was furious with the outcome.
    "Definitely I touched the ball, both me and God know it but I guess it wasn't enough to turn the play over," Lucas said. "Besides that, that wasn't roughing the kicker. Me and Pep landed on the ground and the kicker just fell over us

5. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I just saw it on primetime, and it was the correct call. Much worse than I remembered, and no clear evidence of a tip.
    That FG should have been blocked. Peppers totally whiffed.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  6. Collin

Collin soap and water

I know it's bizarre, but I kept thinking that I wished their line blocking had been better because we wouldn't have been so aggressive if both players hadn't come free. *sigh*

7. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

it was A BS call .You know you would think that if it was the Correct call you would hear someone from the panthers come out and say it was the Correct call.Everyone on the Panthers From the GM to Coach Fox to the player each and everyone of them did think it was a BS call.

8. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

What would you expect them to say?

The Panthers gave up way too many big plays today. 3rd best run defense in the NFC and got torched

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

We definitely sucked against the run today, but I also have to give a lot of credit to Dallas' line and Julius Jones. They were legitimately awesome today. We didn't just make them look good (although we should have done far better), they were good.

10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

If I could draw, I'd make a cartoon of a ref in a santa suit with Parcells on his knee whispering in his ear.