1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The pot is offically stirred

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Brain, Jun 8, 2004.

1. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

I think cutting him now nets us about 1/2 a million if I recall.

2. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

if Jake goes down, we are hosed. i don't have any faith that weinke can win any more than he has in the past.

3. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

no one is really going to know if he's gotten over that 'i'm great 'til i throw that first bad pass' issue until he gets put in that position again. maybe being around jake's short memory will help. with jake - even if he's stunk up 3 quarters - you just know there is still hope. with chris - once it turns south - well how do i put it - he holds south very well.

4. RangerRick

RangerRick Junior Member

How did Jake become a starting QB for the Panthers? Here is the link to the story on Panthers.com. He got to where he is by doing exactly what Weinke is doing now. Do the best you can, when you get the opportunity, and stay involved on the sideline during the game.

In 2002 CW deserved to be pulled, he looked lost in that Browns game. Maybe his shoulder wasn't healed completely, I don't know. Last year in preseason he looked like a different guy. I would have been happy with either CW or Jake at starter. I know he is more pressed for time than Jake was, but the only way he can be a starter is to hang in there the way Jake did. At least the Panthers haven't cut him 3 different times the way N. O. did JD!

http://www.panthers.com/news/newsroomNewsDetail.jsp?id=12404

""When Jake became a free agent, Tag was the one who said, 'Hey, this is a good guy. He has all the intangibles we are looking for in a quarterback.' So based on Tag's recommendation we took three scouts to our game at New Orleans in 2002 to further our research on Jake. What we looked for was how Jake handled himself on the sidelines.

Jake Delhomme was well scouted before coming to the Panthers.

"He didn't play, but we watched Jake's mannerisms and how he interacted with his teammates when they came off the field. While starters would go to the bench, Jake would go look at the pictures and talk to the quarterback coach, going over the plays and situations. You could see him interacting with the coach. When the defensive players came off the field, Jake was offering them encouragement. You could just tell he had leadership skills.

"We were spying on him. We were watching his every movement to see how he interacted with his teammates and coaches. Between us watching tape on him and having insight on him through Tag and watching his mannerisms on the sidelines, we felt really good in suggesting to the coaches that they take a hard look at this guy, even though there wasn't much game film to go on.""