1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The pot is offically stirred

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Brain, Jun 8, 2004.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I'm not saying what he said was totally "bad". He didn't speak down about any players or coaches, but he stirred up some controversy. Honestly he deserves to be the #2 guy here and frankly if it were me Rutherford would be the #3 and they could spend a year or 2 seeing if he could develope into a future player.

2. y2b

y2b King of QC

controversy on who's the back-up maybe...bfd

Peete should retire anyway

3. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

I like Weinke. Think hes a good guy, took a bad deal when he was yanked from the starters job, and handled it about as well as anyone could. Realistically, with all that has been said in this thread, Weinke oughta be looking for a place where he will be a solid number 2 guy. Carolina can be that place, but he has to be patient. Peete won't last forever--it's obvious he wants to hang on one more year to see if Carolina can win it all. Weinke has to bide his time, but I am not sure he would be a starter anywhere. Not anywhere else. Anywhere. Just my 2 cents.

4. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Trade bait.

5. VOR

VOR OnlyU CanPreventRelection

well we won't know about the starter deal until he plays behind a line that hasn't screw up 2 starting quaterbacks in two consecutive years. Winky should've got a back injury during mini camp he needs to tutoring from glen rice.

6. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

Forgot about that whole O-line thing...good point. Maybe he could start...age could be a factor though...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  7. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

Note to Peete, if we win it all, you get a ring even as #3 or as a QB coach.

8. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Trouble is (for him) that he has little trade value. He's worth a lot more to us right now than what he'd bring. I would expect him to be better than the impression he left us with from '01, he has far better tools to work with than back then plus a system that is "quarterback friendly" :banana:
    ________
    volcano vaporizer

9. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I think we have good depth at QB. I think if the staff didn't value Weinke, he'd have been released. His cap figure is not tiny, due to all his escalators. I think he gets more than Peete.

10. rake

rake Need one of these

If Weinke goes we are hosed. It's been well established that you have got to have a decent backup QB in the NFL unless you plan on banking entirely on luck. We were lucky last year . . . if Jake went down even for a game or two, and we had to rely on Peete and/or a rook our schedule is such that we would not afford to be able to concede a single game and make the post season. As things stand right now I don't see us having a soft enough week for anyone but JD or CW to keep us from losing.