1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The pot is offically stirred

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Brain, Jun 8, 2004.

1. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

let him get a lot of good work in the preseason -- who do you want QBing the team if, god forbid, delhomme goes down? peete or weinke? i say hang onto him.

2. y2b

y2b King of QC

the pot was brewing last year...this year we already know what's on the menu...cajun

Weinke doesn't want to play anywhere else, it's just too damn embarrassing to be behind Peete.

3. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I agree he deserves a shot somewhere but we need him. At least we have him under contract. This is the first peep he's made (I appreciate that he didn't make it an issue while we were playing). I would be curious to see what he could do with the O the way it is now compared to his last time in the saddle, especially after he's had two years in the playbook. I like Rodney but am with those who think it's time to give him a party and a gold watch. CW at #2 and one of those youngbloods we signed @ #3 doesn't sound horrible to me.
    ________
    marijuana seed

4. y2b

y2b King of QC

Jake waited his turn, Peete played back-up a longtime after moving from starter, Weinke can fucking put his time in too.

5. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

Time is something Weinke doesn't have the luxury of. He's 32 and with Jake expected to sign a long term deal shortly, he isn't going to get a shot here any way. Keeping him here can only cause problems in the long run. Better to let him go and catch on somewhere else before they happen. He's kept his mouth shut for two years and not caused any problems to this point, so for that they owe him at least the opportunity at having a career somewhere else. Worst case scenario? Jake doesn't bite on the contract offer and hits the road, Weinke's too pissed to play for Fox due to being in the doghouse for three years running and causes problems all year, and Peete is the only option left. Do you want to live with that? We're not carrying 4 QB's, a move has to be made somewhere.

6. Paladin

Paladin Full Access Member

I thought Peete being one of the team captains had something to do with Peete not being pushed to 3rd last year. When does the team choose captains for this year?

7. Deamoncat

Deamoncat Junior Member

And who picks the captains, the players or the bosses? Still think that all positions should be put on the line every year, thatway nobodies lives of last year. I love Jake but think that CW got sexed. But Peteie needs to be spending time being a house hubby and leave the games to the kids.

8. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

You can ask for a trade. But he's too passive. Which is probably why Fox doesnt want him to be the QB.

9. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

All I thought of was 'What a great attitude'.

He's doing everything you can hope. Trying to get better, competing, having a chip on his shoulder. I really hope he wins the 2 spot.

10. y2b

y2b King of QC

agreed

As far as team captains go, Peete was the starting QB when elected...won't happen this year with Jake