1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The pot is offically stirred

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Brain, Jun 8, 2004.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1818128

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004
  2. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

Cut Peete Already!

3. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    He's shown he can be an able quarterback in this league. Even at his 2001 standards, he showed he could be at least a #2. Honestly, a lot of people thought he was better than JD in preseason, and was the best QB statistically until Jake went 11-11 and 2 TD for a perfect game.

Granted, this is just a way of openly trying to get teams interested. Too bad the trade market's so fucking poor right now.

5. Blueblood32

Blueblood32 Full Access Member

I can't imagine why he's behind Peete...PEETE SUX! Honestly, if I were Weinke I would be offended that that piece of garbage is ahead of me on the depth chart...Peete, at his best, was a mediocre QB in the NFL.

6. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Agree. Weinke is so upset he hasnt bothered to talk to anyone, like the coaches, about his future. CW is not much of a pot stirrer. Things could change, but I don't think this is it.

7. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

Why talk to the coaches when they've apparently made up their minds? Fox was quick to yank him in year one after the first mistake (see the Cleveland game), and last year no matter how he performed in the preseason, he never moved up the depth chart even with Peete's pathetic efforts in the preseason or the debacle that was the 1st half of the Jax game. He was a scapegoat for 2001. There were 10 fingers pointing at him for every one pointing at some one else. If his only use here is whipping boy, cut him loose. After the shit he's had to put up with, he deserves a chance to try somewhere else.

8. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

>> he deserves a chance to try somewhere else.

i'll drink to that

9. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

A couple weeks ago I watched tapes of all preseason and the Jax games again. Peete was just plain bad. He could NOT sustain a drive and no matter what the others did, I don't see ANYTHING that would make me place Peete ahead of Weinke. And most of the year on the sidelines makes me think Peete won't be ANY better this year and VERY likely worse. Peete was NEVER a top flight QB and age has diminished anything he may have had - now he's another year older. THIS is one of those situations that makes me wonder what the hell Fox is thinking. I like Fox, but every now and then he makes me think "Huh!?" and the Peete situation is at the top of that list.

10. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

I just can't help but think that CW has done something the earn the doghouse of Fox. It's as clear as the nose on CW's face that he is a better QB at the #2 spot that Peet, so what gives?

Fox or Henning or both have condemned him to the back of the bus for something. I agree that we need to give him a legit shot at #2 and if nothing else give him a shot at working a trade, although as mags said its a pretty poor market.