1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Phillies

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by PantherPaul, Feb 8, 2009.

1. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

Philly has always had a great fan base for baseball & football (not an Eagles fan but they are without a doubt the worse fans in the NFL). Talk all you want about the fans, but at least they show up for the games not like the Braves. I have been to games in Atlanta when they play the Phillies and there are more Philly fans there than Braves. Don't forget about the Fulton County Stadium days when they were lucky to get 5,000 fans (during the Horner & Murphy days) What does that tell you???? Check out the attendance for the Braves during the season and don't forget the playoffs. They don't sell out for that either.

2. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

It could mean they have better shit to do other than spending 4 hours with a large group of strangers and over spending on beer and snacks.

3. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

And that's a problem because.....................? Hell, that sounds like my life!

4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

lol:headbang:

5. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Showing my age but I remember the year Richie Allen, Gary Mathews and Bob Boone. Veterens Stadium was a dump. Hated that era of the cookie cutter stadiums like Three Rivers and Cincinnati's

6. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

5000 is being generous. We used to sit around in my first college apartment getting wasted while trying to count the people in the stands at FCS during Braves games in '89 and '90.

I have a lot more respect for the poor bastards that showed up in FCS back when the Braves sucked than I do for the jackasses that went out and bought a Braves hat in the mid '90s. Same with Philly fans. I'm seeing WAAAYYYY too many folks suddenly wearing a Phillies cap. My wife's uncle has had season tix since the mid 90's in Philly and I still give him shit. Philly fans suck - they will turn on you in a second.

7. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

Jes. Weirdest experience(s) I ever had there was watching VT and WVU play Temple in that dump in the early 90's. About 3-5 K showed up for a college football game. I've seen more folks at a shitty WV high school football game. We could hear the coaches giving directions on the sidelines. Went down on the field after the game - it was like walking on someone's plywood porch covered with crappy astroturf rugs.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  8. PantherPaul

See Mike Schmidt in Santa Claus suit

9. PantherPaul

:headbang::headbang:
    [​IMG]
    :headbang::headbang:

10. PantherPaul

[​IMG]