1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The official Butter is back thread

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Jul 10, 2003.

1. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

OK, I have been his biggest critic. after watching him go 1-39 from three point range, miss nearly every defensive double down, refuse to use his god given ability, and attempt 5 juke moves in one step every time he got the ball.................I am willing to bring him back. Heres why:

1. Nickleberry from nearly every account was a great recruiter but a jerk. Butter didn't like him, and I doubt the white guys did either with his "whiteboy" stuff. So I think Butter can be the improved Frosh/Soph Butter we wanted.

2. He got some humble pie. I think the reality that nobody wants him has made him realize that he is not the next Penny Hardaway, that from what I heard, he thought he was gonna be. I think he will be ready to play where LUTZ wants him.

3. The guy is still a freak athletically. If he would just shoot 10 footers and post, he will be fine. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

Ok, now go ahead and kill me.

2. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

:suicide:

3. virginianiner

virginianiner Junior Member

I don't know why, but I think Butter is a "good kid". I know that most everything we have heard about him lately should not lead me to this conclusion. But I just like the guy, and I think if Lutz brings him back he would be accepted by the other players and coaches (the ones we have left, screw the ones we don't). And certainly under your scenario he would be an asset to the program, especially if he never shoots another three ball again. I just love to see him break down his guy from the top of the key, when he's "on" its' a thing of beauty. IMHO.

4. Lefty9er

Lefty9er Full Access Member

Where'd you get your information? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. metro

I got it from you lefty.....uh I mean Bobby Lutz.

ATTENTION ALL NINER FANS:

LEFTY KNOWS EVERYTHING. HE KNEW BUTTER IS COMING BACK WHEN NOBODY KNEW, HE KNEW VINCE WAS GONE BEFORE ANYONE, AND HE KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYBODY 2 WEEKS BEFORE LUTZ KNOWS IT.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  6. Charlotte2002

Charlotte2002 Full Access Member

I would take him back if Coach Nickleberry was the problem before and Butter accepts his role better, then he can be a huge asset for the team. I'm sure the current players will have a say if they want him back, and if they feel as he can contribute and not be a problem I have no problem with it.

7. DeeH

DeeH Junior Member

If the kid does come back he needs to be able to learn to fight the MENTAL side of the game PERIOD!! This kid has major potential, but is a headcase!! The reason you see him attempt 5 juke moves everytime he catches the ball is because he's worried about LUTZ and CO. getting on him after they see what he's going to do. He needs to learn that there is only one way to go to the rack....HARD!! 5 juke moves and 80 pumpfakes in one touch is not going to change this!! GO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!! Butter...I will welcome you BACK!

8. Iron9er

Iron9er Full Access Member

Well, Butter is welcome to come back in my book. Hell, we need the depth. If Basden goes down with an injury, what are we gonna do, have Pigord try to play 40 a game? We need some insurance, and Butter can be just that. The kid will be a senior and still has alot to learn. Sure, he killed us last year, but helped us get to the tourney the year before that. The pressure is totally off of him now that no one really expects anything from him. I think he'd be fine....just as long as Lutz yanks him anytime he even eyes the basket outside of 15 ft.

9. metro

iron,
    great point about pressure. some players and coaches do great when they aren't the main focus. Butter was not ready for the pressure of being the one to carry us on his back.

Its like Dom Capers, the guy is a great #2, but make him #1 and it doesn't work.

10. UABHeckler

UABHeckler 85-61

Sounds like Butter couldn't take the heat. :getaroom: