1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The MIGHTY Redskins draft what Thomas Davis AINT!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by THE 5TH CRUSADER, Apr 29, 2006.

1. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

2. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

6 when the GT shot was hit, that makes you a year younger than me, or virtually the same age probably (late 75 bday here). Were the Hornets your 'second favorite' team? Were you happy when Rambis through that shot in to beat the Bulls in 1988? Do you even remember?

If not, why do you even give a fuck about the Panthers. Is Charlotte even your hometown team?

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

This is all my fault.

4. Meth

Meth Member

I was born in June of '75. Yes I remember when Rambis hit that shot, yes I was pulling for the Bulls lol.

I grew up right outside of Charlotte, moved here for college in '95, lived here ever since, so yes, Charlotte is pretty much my hometown.

5. DJ_Tet

I know that wasn't positioned at me, but yeah. I'm so not attacking him cause he's a Skin fan. Call it expansion little brother syndrome, but I can't STAND Skin fans pulling for the Panthers 'Second.' That's my pet peeve. I mean, I can understand that in 1995/96, but it's 2006. Panthers have their own fans, if you want to pull for the Skins, pull for them. I don't want you pulling for my team also. Seriously, I really don't. Choose a team and stick with it. With 32 of them out there, it should be easy enough not to pull for 1/16 of them.

6. Piper

Piper phishin member

Please tell me you didn't.

7. Piper

Piper phishin member

I am by very definition a casual NBA fan, and always have been. Don't have a team, watch usually only in the playoffs. I have no interest in watching the Knicks and Timberwolves play each other. The bad to mediocre NBA teams are terrible to watch play, and I can't stomach it.

That said, and being here in SoCal, go Clippers. I'd like to see a Lakers/Clippers throwdown.

Football is different. You can go from bad to good quickly, their's more emotional involvement, and even a bad NFL game is at least watchable.

8. DJ_Tet

LOL. You always like to take credit for everything.

Seriously, our argument was a flippant statement I threw out to see where it went. I couldn't believe others were so against my hypothesis, and when you called me ignorant, I got pissed. It's over though, no harm done.

I take this much more seriously, and judging from Meth's recent responses he understands that. I can't emphasize this enough, as a Panther fan, and maybe he sees this, but a Skin fan saying they pull for the Panthers 'second' is very condescending. I don't pretend to understand the reasons, and he's done a good job of explaining them, and I don't pretend to agree with them. Bottom line is Meth will decide whom he pulls for first, and whom he pulls for second.

I just wish I could email his dad this thread, to see what he thought about what Meth said about Panther fans. He didn't take long to turn his back on us. Which means he's a Skin fan. There's nothing wrong with that, but you aren't a Panther fan 'second' when you type that shit man. You just aren't.

And Hornets beat the Bulls on TNT first time they played :trophy: Guess What? We were also the first team to win in Chicago during their 72 win season, probably were the team that kept them from winning all their home games (they lost a home game to Indiana after they lost to the Hornets). Remember that bullshit 3 pointer by Mason baby. Remember it.

Im sure it's sweet to remember championships. I haven't been that lucky, except in college basketball. Still, I wouldn't trade my sports memories for anything, and you shouldn't either. Don't send your 'second favorite' team under the bus. Pull for who you like, wtf are you doing shitting on Panther fans anyway? WTF have the Skins done in the last decade? or 12, 13 years? Panthers went to a SB and two NFC Championships. You guys tried to recapture the past. No strike years on the horizon Gibbs, come to the good side :ylsuper:

9. Piper

Piper phishin member

Thier are fans of other teams that post on this board. Boo. Occassionally muff. Grid is a Viking fan.

But yeah, ripping on Panther fans and calling them your second favorite team is an extra special kind of stupid.

10. DJ_Tet

Do the Panthers have fairweather fans? Yep. But they aren't here. Go to the stadium and start flapping your gums. The diehard are here, and you might upset one who knows some history. Don't drop 'we' if you don't pull for 'us' over 'all.'

Funny, but 'we're' the ones talking shit. K.

---edit. Pull for whomever you want. If you don't see how the above quote can upset a Panther fan, you just don't understand. Cause although I 'pulled' for the Dolphins before the Panthers got here, I never cared for another team 1/10th as much as I cared for the Panthers once they were announced. It just was never the same, even though I was old enough to 'have a team.' Hell I was in college at GT during our first season in Klempsun.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006