1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

the game is NOT deluted

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by metro, Jul 14, 2003.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

it doesn't help that the Questec machines are there now... personally I think they should drop the teams... Montreal being the obvious choice and then one other (that's where it gets difficult)... create a solid salary cap and even up team revenue sharing... that would most likely fix thos problems... oh and foreign players should be entered into the college draft, rather than just signing with the highest bidder

2. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

From a fan's perspective, I like this idea.

However, I think David Poole would give up Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner before the Baseball players union ever bought off on the idea.

3. two-six

two-six yes, i carved this

pitching is stronger than ever. they are doing it these days without doctoring the ball which alot were doing back in the day.

aside from everything else said, lets not forget these 25 hr seasons were in HUGE parks. the size of the parks, mound, smaller strike zone have all made it harder on the pitcher. IMO a #2 or 3 starter in todays game, could have been a consistent all-star back in the day.

4. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Tiger Stadium was 440 to dead center. Fenway and Wrigley were considered hitters parks, yet nowadays they're average. Willie Mays catch in the 1954 Series was so amazing because the Polo Grounds was something around 460 to dead center, maybe farther.