1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Carr Decision

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Abusive, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I think his excitement was more due to getting away from Houston and having a chance to play for a "good" team. He had a golden opportunity here when Jake went down. He has one of the best wide outs in the league.

2. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Andre Johnson's Pretty good.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  3. Parker

Parker Full Access Member

Carr takes a lot of the blame, but he hasn't really been horrible. People tend to forget that last year with Delhomme our offense was bad. We sucked at 3rd down. We had 9 games where we failed to score 20 points.

This year we looked OK against ST. Louis and Atlanta, but the Houston game was not near as close as what the score echoed. Aside from two incredible plays from Smith, it would have been a 1 TD game.

Until our O-line can hold blocks, receivers aren't going to drop passes that hit them right in their hands, and the RB is going to hold the ball, we aren't going to be a good team.

4. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

Delhomme was playing behind mostly back up O-linemen last year and he still played alot better than Carr. Just because alot of fans blamed last season on Delhomme, doesn't mean it was justified. His numbers were consistent with his 03 season with the Panthers, and were significantly better than Carr's were with Houston last year in the categories that matter...TD's-INT's.

5. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Carr can not play his way out of a paper bag. I am not sure why it is the case but it is. Maybe he lost his confidence in Houston and can not get it back. Maybe wearing gloves makes you a pansy. Any way he sucks but I can not see a way to blame the Panthers for signing him. He is no worse than Winky even if he is not an upgrade.

6. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

signature material

7. WYDD

WYDD Everybody dance now.

Fair enough. I knew what you were saying. That being said, you're a pretty fucking retarded guy if you think that people aren't going to keep bringing up carr. Because, in spite of your best efforts, he still sucks more cock than you ever did to get into sport illustrated for kids.

8. Parker

Parker Full Access Member

You're kind of making my point, without seeing what I'm saying. Exactly, last year wasn't all Delhomme's fault. How many times with the game on the line last year did Delhomme throw a critical interception? But you're right Delhomme was better last year, but saying "a lot" is a big stretch if you look at the records. But both only led their teams to 6 wins as starters. Remember, you're not a big stat guy unless it leads to points. So if you selectively pick TD/INT, then yes Delhomme was better. If you look at the number of passes he threw vs completions and overall QB rating, they were about even and the wins/losses reflect that.

A lot of fans made Delhomme a scapegoat and a lot of fans were asking at the start of this year when he'd be benched for Carr. There's a whole lot of irrationality in the actual play and production of the offense and a lot of scapegoating being done. In reality, our offense under any QB and with any offensive line hasn't executed well the last couple of seasons. Dan Henning wasn't fired because the line was injured.

I'd be really surprised if our O-Line coach and Special teams coach are with the team after this year.

9. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

At least Jake kept us in games so he could throw that critical interception.

Carr can't even do that.

10. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

Exactly, and Jake had no help whatsoever from the running game either. This year's Panthers have a decent running game but they can't keep it going because the opponent's safeties and LBers have no reason to back off the LOS, because the passing game is so horrid. It's almost the exact opposite of last year.