1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Carr Decision

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Abusive, Nov 25, 2007.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    It usually starts out as Carr, and then people bring up there are other negatives about this team, and we have to go through the list. Doesn't ever keep Carr from sucking, though.

2. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

I wonder what possessed people to think he was that good when he was drafted by the Texans....Is he "good" or did he just have inflated college numbers? I ask because he just doesn't come off as a QB--he's almost like Jeff Lewis Light.

3. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

tools...scouts saw a strong arm and some speed, and he had inflated stats. Texans saw a poster child face and looks...marketable kid.

I would love to know what his Wonderlick score was, he seems to have very low intangibles and football IQ. Thats why you gotta love Jake (even with his mistakes).

4. BWI-Panther

BWI-Panther Full Access Member

5. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

6. sgtheel

sgtheel Junior Member

Thanks Marty

Thanks for signing a former #1 pick QB in the off season who said at the time of signing that he was "excited" about his opportunity to be a back up QB.

Upon hearing his excitement over being a backup did anyone else not immediately think we were hiring a guy after a paycheck who had already mailed it in? How many #1 picks ever get EXCITED about being a backup?

Look at Garcia in TB. He left a playoff team because he did not want to be a backup...gee whiz what a difference in attitude and it shows on the field and in the leadership mode.

Steve Smith must be happy to know he comes to work everyday and gets to catch passes from a guy who WANTED TO BE A BACKUP!

Good job Marty. BRILLIANT!!!!:oops:

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

As much as I slam Carr, he looked like the best option out there for a free agent QB. He played much better in Houston than he has here. He has the all the physical tools you could want. QB is more of a mental position than anything though and he just does not have "it". That is why guys like him get drafted number one overall and guys like Jake are undrafted, QBs are hard to evaluate.

8. UNCdubya

UNCdubya Full Access Member

I like how you insult everyone of these people in your responses, thats great

9. UNCdubya

UNCdubya Full Access Member

I dont think the Wonderlic has anything to do with "football IQ", i thought it was a general intelligence test.

10. sgtheel

sgtheel Junior Member

Exactly what I meant by stating we signed a QB who was EXCOTED about being a perpetual backup. It may be hard to know when a QB has "it" but in this case it should have been easy to know he did not given that attitude. Players with "it" look forward to playing and competing, not being a backup.

If your career goal suddenly is to be a backup, play on the practice squad. And quit fucking up teams.