1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Carr Decision

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Abusive, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Nobody appreciates the wide scope of our problems more than me--I've sat thru four home losses this year, and have witnessed firsthand where we are lacking:
    • #2 reciever (Key?)
    • RT
    • LT
    • Wahle suddenly hates football
    • Hartwig--what the hell?
    • Peppers can't beat marginal RT's 1v1
    • No committment to a KR
    • Shitty KR blocking
    • Shitty PR unit
    • Hideous play calling, particularly on 1st down
    • To earlier points, absolute absense of consistent running game
    Davidson has some cute ideas, but we're not clicking. Much of that is due to Delhomme's absence. Sure, JD wouldn't magically dodge sacks. But it's hard to deny that he started the season fairly well, and had he not gone down, you could make the argument that, offensively, we would have scored more touchdowns at this point.

Timing and chemistry are tantamount to any team's success. Offensively, we have been fed a shit sandwich by the football gods this year--I, for one, have been a little disappointed in our team's inability to overcome this, but again, that's a testament to just how bad of a team we are at this point.

Carr never seemed to be our kind of guy (conservative, quiet, generally not loved by teammates). It struck me as an odd signing at the time, and I believe the Tampa game served as the prelude that exposed just how marginal he is. He is one large part of our big problem--just frustrated that we're not getting more production/confidence/leadership from our quarterback. What you'd like to see is someone who can overcome our peripheral flaws, and carry the team for some stretches, if not all. What we have is a 44-year old veteran who knows how to play the position, but can't keep his old bones healthy for more than 14 days at a time--and, a former #1 overall pick who looks fucking lost.

Then, there's Moore.

Ugh.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. WYDD

WYDD Everybody dance now.

well collin, it's not like people weren't all over jake's ass last year for losing. just because you've been up carr's ass all year doesn't mean it's going to be any different.

3. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

4. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

Doesn't Davidson's offensive system require a very good QB to execute it?

I would think yes. If that's the case, then I'm sticking with the it's all "Carr's" fault mentality.

5. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

I think at the time almost everyone thought it was a good move to sign the guy. Its unfortunate and nobody could have forseen how poorly he has played. Who knows, maybe it would have benefited him to sit down for an entire year. Its not been his all his fault, but he seems to be the crux of the problem.

The overall execution of the offense has been piss poor. Dropped passes, missed blocks, fumbles, penalties all have contributed. As poor as Carr played he looked better today than in recent games. Unfortunately for us, he's not the reason I'm worried about the future of the franchise. We have problems that run deeper. While most people probably want to give Fox the boot, I think it would be a mistake. In a league where continuity is a rarity, it would be better for the team in the long run to stick with him because he is a darned good head coach.

Unless you have a Jeff Garcia as a backup you aren't going anywhere without your starting QB. And yes it is an excuse but its also the truth. But we have deeper problems without a doubt.

6. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

Our O-line is not as bad as people think. Look at this...

Vinny-118 pass attempts- sacked 6 times

Carr- 114 pass attempts- sacked 12 times

That was before today, but you get the picture. Vinny is the slowest QB on the team and Carr is the most athletic QB on the team, yet he gets sacked twice as often. That's pathetic.

If we could somehow put Vinny's brain into Carr's head, we would actually have a QB.

7. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Yes.

Drops. Foolish penalties:

• Trips left--Carr his Carter deep with a corner route. Play was negated, as King was not lined up on the LOS. You're on the end of the line, uncovered. You have to fucking know your spot--this comes down to two factors: poor attention to detail from the player's perspective, and lack of emphasis from the position coach.
    • Goal to go at the 5 YL, before halftime--Wahle gets flagged for a false start (COMING OUT OF A FUCKING TIMEOUT)--pushed us back past the 10, and assisted in stalling the TD drive.
    • Smith drops a very catchable touchdown over Jason David. (This to go along with Smith's fumble in the end zone vs. Atlanta)
    It's not all Carr--never has been. This just underscores how important it is to have more production from our QB's at this point, as other areas of our team are ill equipped and/or simply unwilling to assist in carrying the load.

We're looking as far removed from a "team" as we have since the Atlanta home game in 2002. The next week, we won at playoff-bound Cleveland, and won three of the next four after that. Winning cures a lot, even if it's a 1-point win over the shitty Niners. We just need to win a game.

8. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

Feely is kicking ass right now.

9. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

System

Feely has had his shitty days too, now. And, remember. Carr did beat Indy on the road last year, with good numbers.

System.

10. WYDD

WYDD Everybody dance now.

so did garcia in clev and det