1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Bobcats this year

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by PantherPaul, Dec 23, 2005.

1. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

his mustache alone would win 10 games for us

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Realistically What teams are going to be our competition for him. I for one am not sure if JJ is going to be a quality NBA player. Not wanting to start a feud with the Dukies but he reminds me of the Indiana Hoosier player Damon something.. Streaky as hell but when on can flat out bury a team. Just wonder if his smallish frame can withstand the beating and additional games. Morrison would be great at 2 or 3. 6'8 Atlanta will always suck but doesn't Marvin Williams play the 3 there? Maybe they will look for a real point and take JJ or someone else. We are definitely a lottery team no matter what Raymond says, and that isn't such a bad thing, for now. As far as Gerald Wallace I like him but he disappears alot during games. I'd like to see us get someone with a mean streak to play the center preferably or PF. Primos is ok but I'd like to see some attitude out there. That and the other big stiff white boy (can't remember his name right off) SUCKS

3. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

That's true, most don't start right away, unless maybe top 5. Morrison is the one player that I think could step in right away at SF and play SG if needed, but don't think that would be his strong suit.

Still a lot of season left before we get an idea of where we will be and what teams are ahead of us in the draft.

A short list, depending on if all of these come out early:

JJ Redick
    Adam Morrison
    Maurice Ager
    Shannon Brown
    Justin Gray
    Hassan Adams
    PJ Tucker
    De'Angelo Alexander
    Jared Dudley
    James White
    Dee Brown (is a SG in a small body) could he be an Iverson?
    James Augustine (Is he too big to play SF?)

I am sure there are others, but only a few of these really jump out to me. I am guessing we could really draft for any position other than PG and PF, unless if were a draft and trade.

Will we have a full cap next year?

4. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Another thought depending on what PF there are, would you draft for that position and see what type of Market value Emeka would bring for a SG or SF who could score?

5. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

I'd draft JJ in the top of the second or end of the first. Perhaps Rudy Gay will be available?

There's a lottery protected pick we get from Toronto somewhere along the way - whats the deal with this thing, anybody know?

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Went to my first Bobcats game tonight. Nice arena. Don't think I'll be back.

7. sgtheel

sgtheel Junior Member

The bobcats this year...

SUCK just as bad as last year and probablyalmost as bad as next year. Given that HUGE average attendance that is LOWER than the minor league hockey team, 2 more years and they take the bus out o' town just like the last team...

8. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

The attendance might not be as good, but with those ticket prices I don't see how they aren't raking in the cash. It's like 100 dollars for a bad seat at a Bobcats game :wtf23: . Even Shinn cared more about the fan than Bob Johnson does. I remember 8 years ago being able to go to a Hornets game with my dad for 16 dollars, and inflation hasn't been that bad in the past 10 years. Bob Johnson sucks and building the Litter Box was a stupid idea. If it's not selling out now then it never will. You have two Tarheels being drafted, and a brand new arena and we are drawing numbers like the Toronto Raptors.