1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Bobcats this year

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by PantherPaul, Dec 23, 2005.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

So far are one win away from half of their entire win total from last year with over 3 months left to play. Do you think the talent is better this year, or just learning to play together better. Only additions are draft picks and Felton and May IMO are not lighting up the world. Brevin Knight has played great at certain times and Emeka has been inconsistent

2. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Gerald Wallace has stepped up his game as have a few others. Overall talent is better, and the team is familiar with each other. Also if you remember Brevin Knight didn't start at PG till later in the season last year.

3. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

Felton has played SG for the most part when Knight is in, which fills a huge void from last year. They'll probably win 20 or so games this year.

4. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

May and Felton both give them a little more depth than they had last year. Both are young and still getting upto the speed of the NBA, Felton is starting to come along a lot more the past few games.

I don't think you will see a huge jump from them until next year though.

If the Bobcats can get another good draft pick and pick up a good FA at spots they need, they should be able to be in the middle of the pack next year.

Aside from needing consistant SG play, the biggest question I have is Emeka, he just isn't doing what I thought he would out of college.

5. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

the team is 3-0 when Felton starts.

6. UNCfever

They do seem to be a lot better team with both PGs play at the same time.

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I need to do some research to see what SG and SFs are expected to come out next year (draft). I can't see the Bobcats throwing a tone of money at free agents even if any would come to Charlotte

8. UNCfever

I would wonder as well, outside of JJ, not sure what other quality SG there will be. If he could handle starting and produce if would be kind of funny to see Felton and JJ in the same backcourt.

As for SF, if they went that route, what would you do with Wallace?

9. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

Let's throw the season and get Adam Morrison

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    For one, initially, any rookie that would come here that would play the 3 would probably play some 2, also - and vice versa. I doubt that the team goes and gets two starting level rookies who can shoot. Plus, it's debateable as to whether that player would start right off anyway.

And if he can, great. But the thing is, you can't hold on to every piece of a 20 win team and just hope it becomes a 50 win team. Inevitably, you have to improve somewhere.