1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Surprise teams this year....

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Aug 7, 2006.

1. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Yeah, the Mets aren't sneaking up on anybody anymore.

2. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Texans

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I think the Ravens will be pretty good if they can keep McNair healthy. He should have no trouble hooking up with Derrick Mason once again.

I think the Cheifs will be pretty good since they have the offense already and they have added a defensive minded coach.

The Cards are a trendy pick but I they may actually do it this year. The Packers should bounce back a bit.

I guess if I had a dark horse team that might make a run it would be the Ravens.

4. Paladin

Paladin Full Access Member

Miami doesn't count, unless you're predicting them to be suprisingly lousy. They finished 9-7 last year.

No, the real suprise teams this year will be Arizona and Detroit.:trophy:

5. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I think Minnesota will win the NFC North. Brad Johnson can adapt to the new system, and they've quietly added some much needed depth to the defense.

Baltimore in the AFC. They are the only team in that division who hasn't had to deal with off-field stuff or injuries, and they did show some flashes at the end of last season.

6. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

I don't think it will suprise anyone to see Arizona win 9games this season and make the playoff as the wildcard.I will be very suprise if they don't win 7games this season

7. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

I think that the Rams will suprise alot of people this year.No i don't think that they will make the playoff. But they should definitely improved from last year i

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Agreed, except the media is already high on Miami this year, and overly so in my opinion. I love the Culpepper acquisition, and Ronnie Brown will be above average, but that defense is aging quickly and their offensive line still sucks balls.

Meanwhile I agree Brain about the Ravens, and think the Bengals will be surprisingly bad.

9. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

If Palmer returns to full strength by the start of the season I think the Bengals will still be decent. That offense is too good to let them fall of a cliff but I do agree that they will be hard pressed to do as well as they did last year. They have had too many off the field issues and their D is still weak.

10. Fred Smoot's Father

Fred Smoot's Father the future is bright

St. Louis should stay healthier, and have made some impressive upgrades on defense. I don't know if it will be any surprise, but I see them as the #2 team in the NFC West, not Arizona.

I see the Giants winning the East again, which would qualify as a semi-surprise. Too good on both lines, and they have amazing talent at receiver. They upgraded at LB with Arrington, and added Will Demps and Sam Madison in the secondary. This is a team with very few weaknesses, when healthy.

I do think that Tennessee will be in playoff contention come December. They have closed the gap between themselves and Jacksonville. Volek is more than capable, they have Bennett, Givens and Calico at WR....A pair of playmaking TE's...added Mawae at C. They also have some young playmakers on defense. Added Chris Hope at safety. Not ready to give them 12 wins, but in the competetive AFC (and behind Jeff Fisher), I see them as a surprise playoff contender come December.