1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Sundays Game (Somehow y'all let Plate Dad make the game thread, goddammit: v/s Bucs)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Plate Dad, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Missed by one.

2. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

it's key.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    [​IMG]

4. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

Missed 3rd & 4th qtr watching Garrison Keilor in Winston - any good stuff to report despite the loss?

5. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Cowboys are winning. They look like they corrected the ship.

6. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

I think they think it's Fox's fault. Henning did alot better as soon as he got away from Fox.

7. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

The media hasn't really let anyone of the hook. I believe the media aligns with the amount of activity seen on this board: indifference. I've seen a fair amount of general critique of everyone, from Fox to Davidson to all the players, and mostly--the owner (because he talks less than Bernie from Weekend at Bernie's).

I was fucking pissed that we gave up the long screen to Williams, then a bullshit long run to Williams out of the gun. Other than that, I enjoyed the little bit of the game I watched today. It's just a really young team, coached by a staff under a very strange set of circumstances.

As for the media, well, my good friend and close associate Darin Gantt tends to grill Fox pretty good on Mondays. Other than that, most of the reporters either don't know shit enough about the game to know what to ask, or they have lost interest.

Writers--deep down--take a rooting interest in their beat. If it's the Panthers, then they want to see the Panthers do well. Makes for a better storyline, and increased hits on their site and twitters and shit. I'm a lowly freelancer that covers high school football, but storyline development is universal. I'm not on their level, no doubt, but I can see where it would be highly challenging to deliver us fans effective insight into things when the owner never talks, and the head coach doesn't reveal much.

I'm less interested in Gantt, Reed, Sorensen, Fowler being raging successes, and more interested in seeing this team that I have invested 16 years of my life in getting their swagger back.

8. Faithwarrior118

Faithwarrior118 Jesus loves you

My local FOX station (WTAT24 - Charleston, SC) decided to not carry the game. Is there any contractual obligation for them to do so?

I realize some of you might think that a blessing, but I'd like to be able to watch the Panthers. Is there anything I can do. Should I contact FOX, Panthers, my cable company?

9. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

And he'll sucker punch anyone who says different.

10. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

This week was the first game of the season one of the QBs didn't throw a damned pick. That, in itself, is a minor miracle.