1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

sunday, a day of rest -- how do you interpret it?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by LarryD, Sep 4, 2006.

1. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

I slept

I went to church this a.m. and slept all afternoon.

2. spud

spud Full Access Member

Sometimes that's a GREAT thing to do on Sunday. Just NAP. I had an Uncle that was a farmer, they worked HARD all week but on Sunday, that was church and NAP day, the whole family went down for a nap.

3. THE GUTTER

THE GUTTER Y!

God rested on Sunday, and watched football.

4. Morningstar

Morningstar Full Access Member

Amen

5. Abinedab

Abinedab Junior Member

Resting on Sunday

We can worship God any day of the week, both corporately and individually. And if you're going to strictly observe the Sabbath, on Saturday, remember that the calendar we currently use has gone through revisions, at least twice. Do you observe Saturday as the Sabbath, but do you ignore your neighbor who is in need? Have you ever lied, or stolen anything? Then of what use is the strict observance of the Sabbath? God is merciful and wants to forgive. If we go to church on Sunday, instead of Saturday, genuinely seeking Him, He isn't going to hit us with a giant flyswatter.

6. Hockeygirl44

Hockeygirl44 redhead member

Sundays at my house consist of going to church, then parking our butts on the couch for football. And laundry, but that isn't much of a chore to me. Put one load in, snooze for an hour, put another load in, snooze for an hour.... the only other thing I will do on Sunday is family get-together. HB and I really try to protect our Sundays so that we do get one day of rest (physical, mental, and emotional).

7. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

I try to take time out and hang out with my daughter on Sundays. We'll probably start going to church sometime in the not to distant future.

8. spud

spud Full Access Member

AMEN!

9. Mortimer

Mortimer The Brewster

alcohol.

10. Turbo

Turbo Freakin' Awesome

The point is not that God will swat you for keeping Sunday as a Sabbath. God already has the right to do that for tons of other reasons other than keeping or not keeping the Sabbath.

However, when it comes to any religious topic, it is wise to always find out just what the Bible has to say on the subject. I think this is what William was trying to say.

I think the reason why God created a Sabbath was explained beautifully and clearly by hasbeens up above. I don't think anyone can dispute the fact that human beings need a regular break from work and busyness in order to re-charge and relax.

But, if anyone wants to be an honest Christian and genuinely wants to follow what God asks for in the Bible, then there is nothing wrong with following what he/she believes is spelled out in the Bible.

Thus, the point is not about whether God will kill you/hate you/keep you out of heaven. Keeping a "wrong" day as a Sabbath won't do that. The point is: do I desire to obey God at His word? Do I desire to do my best to follow God's plan for my life? If so, am I willing to follow His plan for creating a space in time to recharge and relax?

I'm all for that. :smile: