1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Streetball by AND1

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Jul 9, 2003.

1. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

anyone see that ESPN show "Streetball" sponsored by And1 last night? I see 13 year olds on there that can handle the ball better than our point gaurds. I am not kidding.

2. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Yep, but can And1 keep them in school and steer them our way, like Nike and adadias so?

3. metro

hp, that was my thoughts too. Since we are one of the few AND1 shoe schools, I would like to see Lutz have an inside track with these kids. This is a very popular tour in the inner cities.

4. theshowdawg

theshowdawg Best in Show

Who are we going to send into the inner cities for these kids. Benny Moss, Rob Moxely, or DeeTolliver.

We need a new solid recruiter.

5. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

Well 2 PAC is dead so maybe we could use 50 Cent.

6. Chisox17

Chisox17 Resident Niners Fanatic

i watch that show all the time. those guys are tremendously talented, but they dont have a clue how to play real basketball. all they are there for is to be crowd pleasers. i about died laughing when one of those and1 guys claimed that he could avg 30 ppg in the NBA, gimme a break. if he was that good, why the hell is he still playing on espn2 once a month. anyways, my point is that these guys are loaded with talent, and can definitely handle the ball, but have no idea how to play as a team or pass or play a position.

7. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

Haven't seen the show but methinks that guys who have no idea how to play as a team or pass or play a position are PRIME NBA material. :smiley2:

8. metro

if you like basketball, you have got to see this show. Again, my biggest point is that it is AND1, even if we can't get these kids recruited, you would think AND1 would promote their teams.

9. jimwilliams

jimwilliams Junior Member

I haven't posted many times on this board, but this thread caught my eye. I am captivated by the And1 series on ESPN for a couple of reasons.

One, you can see what appear to be some of the best moves that you will ever see on a BB court. The entertainment value for a BB junkie is off the scale. It's like real life Globetrotters. I can't bring myself to change the channel when it is on.

However, I feel like this series almost depicts what is wrong with middle school and high school BB. If you have tried to coach middle school or high school kids, all they want to do is shoot 3s or slash - "show what they've got". This series encourgages that. No one in this age group wants to shoot a 5 to 10 foot jumper, it's not "showtime."

10. NinerAl

NinerAl Full Access Member

AND1 Mix Tape Tour is coming to Charlotte later this Fall. They are gearing up to start promoting their schools alot better. We should have some pretty good AND1 gear available due to their new efforts.