1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Steve Smith injured

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Savio, Jul 29, 2006.

1. THE 5TH CRUSADER

THE 5TH CRUSADER THE TRUTH DETECTOR

OK...7-1...YOURE STILL OUR LITTLE BITCH

2. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

Let's be honest. The Panthers are like the Falcons. Anyone who has seen my post can see that I predicted 7-9 or 8-8. I stand by that. We are like the Auburn football team. When the predictions are high we fold like a cheap suit, but when the predictions are to finish well, we always suck. Trust me, 7-9, 8-8 record. 9-7 at the best. And yes I've had 3 red bull and vodkas, 4 screw drivers and 6 yager bombs......say what you will.

3. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

When I was at one of the mini-camp practices I watched the stretching exercises. I particularly noted that Smitty wasn't doing his. He was just kinda rolling around, talking, looked like he was trying to make the coaches overseeing things think that he was actually stretching.

I've read in several places today, that say he more or less did the same yesterday.

Just saying.

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I agree.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I'm getting pretty tired of people glooming and dooming already. Didn't you get enough humiliation last year when you predicted disaster on the basis of the SI cover, only to see us win 11 regular season games and reach the NFCCG (which we could have won if we weren't exhausted and injured)? And suckit, nothing exceptionally personal intended, but I don't think you've ever predicted anything correctly when sober, so I don't think anyone is going to worry about your drunk babbling.

Seriously guys, it's just embarrassing to have "fans" who expect the worst. It's like we're the fucking Red Sox. :muetze:

6. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I'm not glooming and dooming. 'tis the season of predictions. If you want glooming and dooming, see purr's posts after a win.

And FWIMFW - if anything I ever post on the web is ever grounds for 'humiliation', I'll hang myself.

7. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

As much as I like him, Smitty is not a brilliant guy (although not dumb either). You would think he would learn sooner or later. Moose really helped him I think. Maybe Keyshawn can convince him to stretch after they get comfortable with one another.

You know, hamstrings are a msucle that can really benefit from an assisted stretch. You lay on your back, and someone else pushes your leg up. If I were the training staff, I might give Smitty special consideration and go stretch his legs for him. Maybe now that he's officially been injured, they can require him to show up early for special rehab (assisted stretching).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  8. Fred Smoot's Father

Fred Smoot's Father the future is bright

Collin--aren't you the dude that starts railing against Delhomme, even after we win by 20?

Honestly, fans can be a bit, well....stupid. So, when they see Steve Smith hauled off on an EZ-GO, you're damn skippy that you'll hear the worst of it. Hell, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little spooked by the news. But he's fine. Take a few weeks off, heal it up, and strap it on vs. ATL.

At least now, when Smitty torches Hall in 6 weeks, he can say that he did in on a tender hammy.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  9. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

you guys need to spend today thinking up some excuses to use this season when your cookie is finished crumbling and you have no beer left to cry in :agreed:

10. rake

rake Need one of these

sounds like somebody is probably just bitter about the way folks here voiced the immediate (and popular) opinion that Big Ben was a dumbass for not wearing a helmet and could have easily been lost for the season (or worse) for not doing so.