1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Steve Smith injured

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Savio, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Fred Smoot's Father

Fred Smoot's Father the future is bright

[​IMG]

2. rake

rake Need one of these

I'll try and paint a smiley face on it too. Last pre season I was thinking that he was going to get hurt for sure . . . he's goes at one damn speed it seems. Maybe this will be a significant enough reminder for him to be a little more cautious until the opener. As long as he's back in time to be ready for atlanta then yeah, I'll buy our other receivers getting an advantage from the extra reps while he's gone.)

3. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

Panthers All-Pro receiver Steve Smith could be out for a while after hurting his left leg Saturday afternoon in the Carolina Panthers’ second training camp practice.

General manager Marty Hurney said the early prognosis was that Smith might have strained his hamstring, but that the injury shouldn’t be serious.

Smith was running a deep pass pattern when he pulled up, grabbed his left hamstring and fell. Fellow receiver Keyshawn Johnson watched over Smith as the team’s medical staff treated Smith, who was taken to the locker room on a cart.

Smith missed the final week of the Panthers’ coaching session practices in June with a tweaked hamstring. It’s unclear how much time Smith will miss, but the team likely will be cautious with his recovery

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/football/nfl/carolina_panthers/15153986.htm

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Slight hamstring injuries are bad............If any of you have been athletes and have tweeked a hamstring know that.....

5. ville4life

ville4life What's the soup du jour?

ya..it's one of those things thats a bitch to get rid of. of course i didn't have a professional training staff to help out, so hopefully with rest and other precautions they can keep it under control.

6. THE 5TH CRUSADER

THE 5TH CRUSADER THE TRUTH DETECTOR

HOT DAMN...this is great news! OUCH OUCH :satana:

HOW BOUT DEM REDSKINS???

WE ARE GONNA BEAT THIS ASS THIS YEAR....

REDSKINS 8-0 LIFETIME AGAINST THE STEROID USING MURDER CONVICTED DWI DRIVING PANTHERS

7. Fireball77

Fireball77 Junior Member

***Shrug*** All THAT means is that you haven't played THIS YEAR'S Panthers, since they have no such players on THIS team. Pretty funny that a fan of a team with "Spitty" Taylor would talk sh1t about any other team's character-LOL! And cheering for an injury to a player is just plain f*cked.

8. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

What little credibility you had is all but lost now.

http://www.panthers.com/gameday/2003/1116a.jsp

This time running back Stephen Davis bulled his way for a three-yard touchdown with 1:09 remaining to give the Panthers a 20-17 victory.

Bet that one hurt, bitch.

9. rake

rake Need one of these

a lil' quote I c/p'd from ESPN

>>>John Clayton's take -
    Don't expect the scary Steve Smith hamstring injury to cost him more than two or three weeks -- if that. Smith's injury is just a strain. It may not be as bad as the hamstring strain that sidelined him for two to three weeks back in 2003<<<

I'll feel better once there's an official word from the team med staff. Though Clayton's take is positive and I want to take his word as gospel, it just ain't.

10. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

[​IMG]