1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

SS in SI under SI Players

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Trace, Dec 23, 2005.

1. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

Existence is a pretty good reason...

And please, feel free to stop by and knock my attitude off anytime...

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Well I've pretty much been myself all along, so your change in behavior towards me obviously either derives from something you think I did to you that I'm not aware of, or something in your personal life that you're taking out on me. In either case it's stupid, both because you lack the wits or temper to keep up with me, and because I have no interest in carrying on a personal beef with you. By all accounts you're a nice guy and a great Panthers fan. I respect that, and whatever you happen to think of me and my behavior, it's better for both of us if you completely drop the tough guy act and just go back to ignoring me or only showing mild disapproval. Openly confronting me at every opportunity gains you nothing, and it's a fight that you can't possibly win.
    I'm pretty sure that fat old guys shouldn't be saying things like this. My reputation is set in stone; don't ruin yours by becoming a total dick too.

3. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

Bottom line Collin is that you are a child. I made a very off hand humorous remark in a thread you were not part of that drew you in like a fly to a mound of shit. Your ego is beyond insane with its need for satisfaction and justification. But that is your problem. The only thing I know for certain is that much like that copy of ESPN the Mag that comes into my mailbox unsolicited every month, I will take a quick glance at what you have to say, strip off the salient points and then toss the rest out with the rubbish. It is always a shame when smart people are lost in the middle of superfluous marketing...

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Childishness is the last thing you could correctly accuse me of, but as noted, being correct has never been one of your strong-suits. Yet it's worth noting that winning friends and influencing people has apparently gotten you a lot further in your life than I have thus far in mine, so consider yourself to have gotten the better end of the deal if you wish (as an aside, although people often claim they'd rather be liked than right, the way they respond to being proven wrong says something else entirely). And as for the comment, I read every post of every thread anytime I happen to visit a particular website. I noted the comment and saw how it was both a slight at me, and more importantly, incorrect, so I responded. I didn't even insult you when I responded, I simply corrected you, but apparently that was insult enough.

You and people like you make a mistake in turning things personal (and by that I don't mean insulting; I mean making it some sort of grudge). Various posts can obviously irritate me, but after I close the window I let it go and get on with my life. Going from thread to thread making unsolicited stabs at someone else and otherwise demonstrating some deep-seated antipathy can't be good for one's health or mental well-being.

5. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

Perhaps in closing there should be a definition of what constitues personal attacks.

I attacked your demeaning all those who disagree with you, your philosophy on coaching and in general your ego.

You have called me fat, angry and dimwitted.

Just food for thought...

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

If you can't admit that you intentionally initiated this exchange with slights and barbs specifically intended to take shots at me personally (not just criticize my opinions), then you're the one who is childish. You did engage in personal insults, and moreover, you did it completely unprovoked. Obviously I'm not saying that you can't or shouldn't engage in personal insults, but it's out of character for you and definitely isn't attractive. I don't know what I did to you besides show that you were wrong on quite a few different subjects (not just as a matter of opinion, but flat out wrong), but I suggest you get over it. That's not a threat, as I still respect you for the most part (since this ridiculous behavior seems decidedly out of character for you), but rather a sincere suggestion. You getting bitter and vindictive about being proven wrong only threatens your otherwise lofty reputation.

7. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

Ah, thanks Collin for reminding me one I forgot, conceit.

Oh damn, I replied to Collin again. My honor and reputation takes yet another blow. Oh dear, what am I to do?!?!?!?!??!

8. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

Put the miserable little fucker on ignore or kick his ass...I prefer the latter, but I ain't about to waste my time and money trippin down there to do it so iggy is the more cost effective route.