1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Spurrier...is he an idiot?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherMills, Feb 26, 2002.

1. wolverine

wolverine Guest

Yes he can, he is just a richer idiot.

2. wolverine

wolverine Guest

Actually he is a good college coach. Although the verdict is out of how well he does as a pro coach. Only time will tell. I hate the redskins, but not as bad as I do the Cowboys, so maybe I will pull foe them twice a year anyway!:D

3. Turbo

Turbo Guest

By saying he'd like to have Danny Wuerffel and Shane Matthews, Spurrier is hinting that he's going to try to run the same kind of offense he ran at Florida.

As I said earlier, he'll find out the hard way that it won't be the same in the NFL.

If he's succesful THIS year, his first, then I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong.

I highly doubt that will happen.

4. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I wouldn't be surprised to see him succeed early on in his NFL career... he'll have a new style offense... but in about 2 years of it the D-Coords around the league will have it picked apart and the Redskins will self destruct

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hurney would be crying now....

Boy, Hurney would be crying if Spurrier was our HC. Shane Matthews? Is he smoking something?

He is a great coach, a smart man, but a terrible judge of talent!

6. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

I have to say this... He does actually make sense. Bring in QB's that know the system so you can spend more time with everybody else. Shane Matthews is actually pretty good, I think. In the right system, he could be successful. Not only that, they have cap problems, so for right now, those are pretty good QB options, cheap too. They'll lose enough games to draft Rex and be on their way. And by dropping draft picks, they lower their rookie pool money as well.

But if he wanted to bring somebody in who knows his system, he could have signed Tennesee's coach to run the defence.

7. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

The Fun-n-Gun isn't going to fly in the NFL folks. You can't just heave a ball 40-50 yards down field on every play and expect to win, plus you need more than just the draw in your rushing playbook.
    I don't know, Spurrier works for the biggest ass in football...maybe he's trying to upstage his boss?
    One thing that does interest me about the Redskins is what exactly they intend to do with Sage Rosenfels? I can't see him being part of the plan.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him in Carolina or maybe closer to home in Chicago.

8. Turbo

Turbo Guest

McFly...welcome to the board.

Who is Sage Rosenfels? Never heard of him.

9. Piper

Piper Guest

He was thier third string QB they drafted a year or two ago.

10. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I think they drafted him last year.

They were fucking morons to cut Brad Johnson.....