1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Spurrier...is he an idiot?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherMills, Feb 26, 2002.

1. PantherMills

PantherMills Guest

2. Turbo

Turbo Guest

I think Spurrier has his head so far up his ass he can't judge NFL talent. As a Bear fan, I'd LOVE for him to take Matthews. I'll take anything he'd offer!

IMHO, Spurrier is trying to prove to the league that he can take a mediocre club, add mediocre talent, then win it all. He'd take all the credit for it.

3. kshead

kshead Guest

Nah. He's just like every other coach/GM/owner in the NFL when it comes time to make a decision about personnel. You pick up the phone and call the safest, most well-known entity you can find. Why? Because that's the way EVERYone does it in the NFL. It's safe. :rolleyes:

4. Piper

Piper Guest

"The combined talents of Wuerffel and Matthews don't even add up to one Tony Banks."

Now that is an insult. Heh-heh. I'm begging to think he will in fact trade up to get Gaffney.

5. SemperFi

SemperFi Full Access Member

I don't think he's an idiot, but it will be interesting to see how his college offense holds up against NFL cornerbacks and safties. I would think a lot of picks against the skins this year.

6. Turbo

Turbo Guest

I posted a an article awhile back from ESPN.com which basically pointed out how so many college coaches make it to the NFL thinking they are the latest "genuises" and will take the NFL by storm.

Usually, they go through a struggle until they realize that, for all their college genuis, the NFL is different in many ways. The offensive plays and schemes in college usually don't work in the NFL without some alteration.

Spurrier will find this to be true in the coming year or so, and if he's as good as they say, he'll adjust. THEN, and only then, will I expect his teams to flourish.

7. wolverine

wolverine Guest

Phuck spurrier and his foreskins or i mean redskins!:D

8. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

25 million bucks, he's smarter than me

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    So pretty much he's hired (or will hire) the last two QBs who came out of UF that could actually understand how simple Spurrier's O is, and is trying to keep them from telling the rest of the world.

10. mramailman

mramailman Guest

Damn straight.... after signing that contract he can't be too stupid.