1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Sports Center ranking the positions

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

They're doing the RB's tonight. Somebody watch it and post the results. I'm really curious where we end up.

they have 65 positions total they're going to do then do some kind of playoff system to determine their SB champion based on depth.

I know it sucks but we got nothing else to rant about.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Any team that has a former full time starter in the number 2 spot. Not someone like Jamie Martin in St Louis who just got a couple of games in when Bulger got hurt again. Also Harrington on clip board in Miami doesn't count. He sucked in Detroit. Scratching my head. What other team has a former number one as their number 2 guy now?

• Minnesota had Johnson behind Culpepper

3. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

I guess with McNair in Bal., Boller is a pretty good #2.

Besides Martin in SL, Fitzpatrick had 194 ypg in a few games.

McCown, Griese, and Garrard are pretty fair #2's.

The Warner/Leinart combo shouldn't be too bad, and there is a 4 way competition for the Jets' #1.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

As far as the first two on the depth chart, I don't believe anyone with a guy who's never taken an NFL snap should be in the top echelon.

5. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

New Orleans has build up a lot of offensive depth. Things are going good when you can sign one of the better RB's in free agency, then place him on the trading block after the draft. And they still have Stecker, who is very good on special teams and in the 3rd down role.

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

All this list making is pretty pointless. It does not really mean anything to be the deepest at any one position. What matters is being balanced and good in all areas and excellent in at least one. I would put our balance up against most anyone in the league. I can not think of another team that is as good in all areas as we are. Pass defense, rush defense, passing offense and maybe now with Williams rushing offense should all be good.

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

:umno:
    Michael Bennett does not equal one of the better free agent RB pickups. If he were worth a shit the Vikings wouldn't have gone after Chester Taylor. Bennett is fragile and unreliable

8. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

not even close. i'm not wasting the time with the research. but weinke definatly doesn't help the rating. so if delhomme is one of the top 8 QBs which I think he is, then adding Weinke drops the team to around 12th in the league. Hell we don't have the best in the NFC South. Atlanta has us beat.

9. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I don't agree about Atlanta. Schaub may be good but there's no continuity if he has to play. The offense is designed around a left-handed QB, everything changes too much with a right-handed guy. They should get themselves another lefty (or maybe righty).

But whatever, it's just opinion/speculation brought about because everything else has been beat to death.

10. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

Pittsburgh
    New England
    Baltimore
    Miami
    Philly

You have to count Harrington in Miami. He has a hell of alot more experience than Weinke.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006