1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Speculate

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by hootie, Aug 21, 2003.

1. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

Just bored and wondering, what do you guys think the this season holds. I'm old school so I think we'll punk everybody we play no matter how good or bad we are (that's why I always suck in NCAA pools).

I'm excited, big guy in the middle, forward that I thnk has the (dangerous word) potential to be a big-time stud, two guards that from all accounts can fill it up (defense and distributing may be an issue) and if the jucos are okay, pretty deep.

just wondering.....

2. Over40NINER

Over40NINER Full Access Member

I expect a good year & possibly a great year. We're gonna be tough to beat. That's my opinion.

3. charlotte49er

charlotte49er Junior Member

Potential and Chemistry

Hootie,

I'll add another dangerous word (chemisty). We look good in the talent and depth areas and I agree that we could have a good year. It may take a while for this team to find its groove. A couple of questions on Iti; Can he get up and down the floor on fast breaks and will he get pushed around inside?

We could be very tough to beat if we play together as a team. We could go big when needed with Iti, Clemmons and Withers up front which could be a very good defensive team up front.

4. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

It's gonna kill me the next three months before I can see what Pigord, Spooner, ITi, and Bennett can do. I'm really hoping that CAlvin "Roberto Duran" Clemmons gets as few minutes as possible. I hope Withers gets the green light on the offensive end if he feels he can take his man. I really hope Bennnett can pass well and run the show, because I know non-telegraphed passing doesn't exist with Baldwin, Brown, and I assume Plavich.

5. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

That doesn't make you old school, that makes you fantasy school.

Post that on the other board and they will make you a moderator.

I always think we will win every home game and lose every road game.

Keys to a better season than last:

Nashty will not be running the point. Demon/Plav/Mitch have to be an upgrade at PG. Don't they?

We got absolutely no quality minutes out of the center position last year. If Iti can walk and chew gum at the same time he has to be an upgrade at center. Doesn't he?

Our home Non-conf schedule is weak, we may win all of these, hence a better record than last year.

Hopefully all the Mickey Mouse shit chemistry problems have been fixed. If not, it could be a frustrating season.

Withers. He is a stud. He needs to touch the ball on every offensive trip. He needs to play at least 35 minutes a game.
    Coach needs tell him and the rest of the team that Curtis is option #1. Hopefully he has hit the weight room and worked on his low post moves. He is the key to an NCAA trip. Withers.

Defensively someone needs to get a friggin attitude. If Coach insist on trapping the ball these guy need to get physical. That milksop trap displayed last year only resulted in easy buckets. Hopefully Iti is the shot blocker as advertised, because unless Mitch is in the game , I fear the opponents guards will be penetrating the lane deeper than John Holmes at an orgy.

And yes, you do suck at NCAA pools.

6. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

Well, first of all, yes it is fantasy school. It could be worse, I could be a Bosox fan. BTW, what's up with the faggot hugging?