1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

so, who has nfl network?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by bkfountain, Nov 23, 2007.

1. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

True. Its cheaper together, but not by a huge amount. I forgot.

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Full Access Member

I think it's a myth. OK, we only had 10 thunderstorms this past year, but not once did I lose my Direct TV.

Playa, we will cross that bridge when it gets here. Even then, we'll still have Direct TV.

3. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

i did.

4. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

I had satellite and I lost signal every time a plane flew over. Totally sucked, so glad it was stolen.

5. ACL

ACL Full Access Member

I hooked up with DirectTV last year right before Thanksgiving- specifically for NFL Network. I kept my Roadrunner internet through Time Warner. The price for Roadrunner didn't increase a whole bunch- maybe $5. I saved overall because DirectTV was about $10 cheaper than a comparable digital cable package.

I've had three instances where service was interupted due to heavy rain. The signal returned within minutes. Everytime there was a service outage with Time Warner I waited hours for them to get the lines repaired.

I've had a couple questions and called DirectTV and got an immediate answer from an intelligent and helpful customer service person. Everytime I called Time Warner I got put on terminal hold.

My year committment to DirectTV was up on Nov. 21st- I can switch anytime. I seriously doubt I'll ever switch back to Time Warner.

I don't want to hold out any false hope for the folks stuck with cable- but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some very intense last minute negotiation going on between Time Warner and NFLN. They both stand to lose if next Thursday's game isn't available to the whole country.

6. weavervegas

weavervegas Nobody

Charter Sucks!!!!!

7. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Why would I lie about it?

I've had directv for 6 or 7 years and I think during that time my signal has gone out maybe 5 times for no more than 30 seconds.

This just in...cable comes from a satelite also and when it rains hard enough, their signal will go out also. Not to mention my cable went out all the time anyway and it took forever to get it back on. Sometimes days.

If you are losing your signal you should have your dish aligned. It is probably off a little or you need it moved to a better line. There could be trees that are interupting your signal when it storms and the wind blows. It's probably not the rain.

8. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

I have had direct tv for 4 years and only lost the signal 5-6 times and that was for less than 30 minutes......

did I mention I live in south florida now......lot's of thunderstorms and tropical storms.....

direct tv kicks the ever living shit out of cable......dvr, satellite radio, 100 movie channels, pay per view one touch on the tv and every major sporting event is offered.....I'm sure cable has some of those features but not all of them.

brain said something about boxes......they give you 4 boxes and you can buy a dvr at any electronics store......I have 6 boxes and that's way more tvs than I ever watch....how many tvs do you need?

9. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Speaking from ignorance of dishes here, because I don't have one, but experience with things with waves, this makes alot of sense. The cable companies do also have dishes, but they have huge dishes way very high up. Their signal is very rarely interrupted for that reason. If you have trouble with your cable, its usually the local line. Those who have their dish signal interrupted alot probably have weaker signals either because of line of sight or interference. The very small residential dishes probably have a much smaller room for error.

Glad to here that dish-high speed cable internet was as cheap as all cable. I have good southwest view of the sky, and I might consider it someday. I don't watch that much TV, but I might get mad at TW someday.

10. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

Go with satellite. If you lose your signal, you just need to cut down a tree or two.