1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

So I was watching..........

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Oct 30, 2003.

1. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

.....the free Dish network preview of the NBA pass last night and saw Rodney White pouting on the bench. The dude doesn't clap, cheer, or even look remotely interested in whats happening on the court. Its hard to be a fan from what I see on tv. He was sulking.

He should be a senior for us this year! Can you imagine how good we would be, along with alot of other teams in the country, if these kids weren't playing pro ball so early?

2. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

I flipped thru the free thing also but could only last one possession on the Whorenuts game.

In addition to the teenagers who have no idea how to play anything other than "streetball", the thing I noticed was the atmosphere in the New Orleans arena.

The background music during the home team's possession sounded completely out of sync to what was going on on the floor.

It was almost someone left their CD player on during the game for some noise.........regardless of who had the ball.

I know this comment belongs in a different forum but

"David Stern is one of the most destructive asses in the history of professional sports".

3. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

The Bobcats have said they'll look at attitude in their assessment of players, and specifically said that those 8-9-10 guys on each roster who pout about not playing won't be taken in the expansion draft because of that attitude. Don't look for Rodney in Orange if that's how he's acting.

4. Lefty9er

Lefty9er Full Access Member

Re: Re: So I was watching..........

He doesn't think he's an 8-9-10 guy, hence the attitude. I'd like to see him get a shot somewhere else. If he doesn't earn his minutes, then he should begin acting like a bench player. All of the offseason reports on him sounded promising. We'll see what happens tonight against Houston on TNT.

Mike, I guess you guys will let the readers know when his year doesn't get picked up. :rolleyes:

5. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

Re: Re: Re: So I was watching..........

That time may have already passed. Rick Bonnell thinks that because Rodney has started his third season already, the time when the Nuggets could pick up his option at the prescribed salary number has passed. Rodney, at that point, would be a restricted free agent for the Nuggets, meaning that if someone else offered him a contract the Nuggets could match it or let him go to the team that signed him to an offer sheet.
    Now, let's assume for a minute that the Nuggets expose Rodney to the expansion draft. If the Bobcats took him, he would immediately become an unrestricted free agent, meaning the Bobcats would have no more shot at him than any other NBA team. But that could benefit the Bobcats anyway, because they could take him as one of the 14 picks they are required to make from other rosters but not be obligated to spend any money on him. They could choose to let him walk away, to Europe, to another team, whatever, or they could sign him for whatever guaranteed money and whatever term they like.
    I've asked Rick to check on whether the window has passed, but he thinks it has.

6. Lefty9er

Lefty9er Full Access Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: So I was watching..........

The Niner fans in Denver following this say the deadline is tomorrow on the 1 yr 2.4 million. Out of the 14 top picks that year, only he and eddie Griffin don't yet have deals.

7. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

That could be. Bonnell was going from memory, and couldn't remember whether it was the start of the season or a fixed date. If it's midnight Oct. 31, that makes sense, too. Rodney has another 33 hours before he turns into a pumpkin.