1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

So how good are we?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Thelt, Sep 14, 2008.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I noted pre-game that last week was actually pretty balanced outside of 2 minute, but yeah, we're lacking cohesiveness at times. 1st and 2nd down passes aren't bad, but they need to be well designed as opposed to drive-breakers where we end up being forced to throw 3 times because of incompletions. Our 99 team excelled because it got 1st down yards (led the league) which allowed 2nd down runs to be convertible.

I thought we were going vertical fairly well and had a few of those nice plays called back - we could've attacked them deep more and didn't. I was hoping for, and expecting, combo routes but we never really went with that slot right or motion slot right look I was expecting. Indy went to that so much the week before (Indy is admittedly becoming a very interesting way of scouting advance opponents this year).

another one that's hard to defend philosophically. You're not going to be faster than the Bears, it's not like they somehow forget to pursue. That's not a good matchup for us, just as it wasn't a good matchup for them to do that to us. We're not as big inside with 63 in there but we should still have some beef to run behind somewhere.

I don't believe so. The earlier Goings play felt like a committee call, or a Fox driven call, just because we've seen that so many times before. it's not a terrible call other than that it was Goings, it's just so conservative in a game that needed something more at the time. I think the biggest thing during the second half was just better execution and an element of getting rolling under Stewart.

Fox did say at halftime that they were going to rededicate to the run, though, so whether he agreed with the gameplan beforehand, he wasn't happy with the results they were getting.

2. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW