1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

sky is now falling

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by ninereast, Jul 11, 2003.

1. ninereast

ninereast Junior Member

More potential bad news on the Niners front. It is being reported in several papers that the big east will in fact take Cincinnati and UofL and break off from the non football playing schools in the conference. In turn, a new all Catholic basketball will be formed with schools such Marquette, St. johns, Xavier, Depaul and Dayton joining the remaining big east schools. Well folks, we may be left out in the cold after all. Who is there left to play?

And what is all this speculation about Iti not being on campus and potentially not suiting up for the Niners. Does anybody know whats going on? I need some good news. This summer has sucked!!!!!

2. Austinniner

Austinniner somethingorother

Heard it before. Worst-case we're in the A-10 ( or whatever # it turns out being). Don't panic, it's 2 years off anyway.

3. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

east, how about some links please?

4. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

Will someone correct me if I'm wrong (like I really have to ask :) ), but when did Dayton become Catholic ??

EDIT:

Don't worry proving it..........I just found it.

http://www.udayton.edu/

learn something new everyday.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2003
  5. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

OK, I have to ask y'all this in all seriousness. I am not trying to slam UNCC, but what exactly do y'all think makes UNCC attractive to a potential suitor?

6. Charlotte2002

Charlotte2002 Full Access Member

The fact that Cincy and L'Ville would be going to the Big East and the non-football schools breaking off from the fball schools is nothing new, but being heavily reported today. I don't see why the A-10 would lose two of its top teams that easily, and if that were to happen and we were to end up in the left over A-10, that would be very shitty.

7. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

vp,
    if we can repeat what we have done the last 7 years and improve even more, this city will get onboard, and this is a great market for hoops and TV. I'd say this program is dripping with potential. As far as performance, we will improve any league's rpi including the ACC's which gives you more bids. We are consistently above 40 at the end of the year now. We also draw more, 7000, than the avg Div1 program in attendance if I am not mistaken, I might have to research that and prove it, but I am 99% sure on that.

they say our AD is an asset because she is a female and on the NCAA selection committee and she is prez of the AD association, but I am not sure if she helps or hinders at this point.

8. ninereast

ninereast Junior Member

Metro,

I saw the links over at the Memphis boards. They are freaking out over there!

9. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

I'm sure others around here can give some valid points.

"On The Field of Play" opinion.........

Personally, I feel we have a better basketball program than a majority of the teams we are likely to get stuck with, yet we do not have the name recognition & measureable achievements that would make someone WANT us.

"Off the Field of Play" opinion..........

IMO we don't come close to generating the revenues that are reached by the schools we want to associate with..............so we're screwed.

I think I just tipped over my 1/2 full Dixie Cup..............anyone got a Kleenex (a papertowel would be overkill to clean up this spill).

10. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl