1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Short Injured

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Cat, Aug 15, 2005.

1. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

bingo. i'm sold. now where can i get one like yours?

2. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

The white ones are rare. I had never heard of that color before we saw the litter. I went down to Atlanta to get them. My sister and her kids went with me. There was a good selection. I think the key is to get them from a good breeder. They're usually amateurs, but still some select parents better than others. We all really liked this couple, and liked the way they played with the puppies. IM me and I'll give you their email. I know that they won't have any more litters (they said they wanted their female to only have 2 litters), but they may know someone.

There are Min Schauzers all over. We made a list from the paper, and talked to people on the phone 1st. If the breeder is good natured, cheerful, etc, the puppies will probably be too. The key is to breed from good natured parents, and I suppose good natured breeders tend to do that. Plus they start the puppies out right.

Alot sell them at 6 weeks, but they need to be 9 or 10 weeks to tell anything about their personality. 6 week old puppies are really big babies, but 9 week olds are usually running all over like toddlers.

3. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

Our clinic sees two White Schnauzers - littermates - one is sweet as she can be but the brother is an evil SOB. With Schnauzers I'd meet the parents and see how they behave. They're great family dogs, but can be nasty to those outside the family. No problem if you don't ever have company or kids who have friends over, but might be a lawsuit in the making if you have people over much. Introduce them to lots of people both in the home and out. And I think puppy classes are always a good idea - teaches the dog but more importantly, you too and helps your dog become a good citizen and more enjoyable for you!

4. cathead

cathead Full Access Member

Malapoo, have you ever known anyone that had a special relationship with animals? I mean like they understood each other. My son was like that. He had other dogs and cats beside the one mentioned above. He had a basset hound that never moved except when one of my sons friends came around on a bicycle, then that hound would tear after them and go crazy, otherwise that dog never did anything but slobber. He had a cat that would get on top of the neighbor's rabbit cage, which was on spindlely legs, and run around until the whole thing would fall over and the rabbit would escape. the neighbor never did find out how the rabbit kept getting out. He hunted blue jays with that cat in a way that's incredible. He would put the cat in the yard with a wounded Jay and when the other birds would dive at the cat, the cat would junp into the air and somrtimes smack them right out of flight. I could write a book on this kid and his animals.

Okay I'll stop. I know this is a FB forum

5. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Last doggy post, I promise. Yes, meet the parents. Yes, Schnauzers are often hostile to those outside the family. Its usually just frenzied barking, but you never know. I had to put my old Schnauzer in my room or in the yard before I answered the door. The good news is they're usually about 20 pounds or less. The other good news is if you train the dog, (which I did not with the last one, but am going to with these), as with most dogs, these things can be overcome.

6. The Cat

The Cat Full Access Member

From Gantt:

LOOKING GOOD: The news appears better than originally thought for LB Brandon Short. He was running and cutting on the sidelines Thursday morning, just days after being diagnosed with a partial tear of his plantar fascia. He's still going to miss some more time, but his projection of being back by the regular season opener doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore. Because of his injury, the Panthers moved rookie Thomas Davis to SLB, but there are no immediate plans to move him back.