1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Short Injured

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Cat, Aug 15, 2005.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

yup he's got big time potential to be more than a bench guy in the future. I think he'd be hell to defend if he were lined up in the slot.

2. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

I like it. Honestly, Trgo did not say the move had anything to do with Short's injury. The move from S to LB. Davis looked lost Sat. He has looked lost all along, except for the great tackling. PFW said the coaches said Davis was had a LONG way to do to develop instincts to play S. The scouting reports said he would be lost except near the LOS. I watch a Ga game and he looked ordinary in the secondary. He mostly played near the LOS.

I guess they started him at S so it wouldnt be in the back of his mind his whole career, boy, I just wish they'd given me a chance at S.

As to SLB v. WLB, that is probably because Witherspoon is comfortable at WLB and we have 2 injured guys at SLB (if you count the asthma). If he doesnt belong on the strong side, he'll be switched.

As for Spoon at M, and Morgan at S, I don't see any reason why not. They probably think they have a good think going, and don't want to shake up everything.

3. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

umm ... well i do think your puppies are cute

4. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Thanks. They're almost full size now. I did take back the part about the injury not having anything to do with the timing on another thread.

They have said it was just a matter of time. They keep saying they wanted to start him where he was most comfortable. I don't beleive that. Besides just seeing if he truly could be a S, maybe they wanted to give him a year to grow into his "big bones."

5. The Cat

The Cat Full Access Member

Don't let him play where he's comfy because I heard he had his eye on that long snapper job.
    It looks like they were planning ahead for next year. We have three LBs who's situation is unknown.

6. HeadCase

>> Besides just seeing if he truly could be a S, maybe they wanted to give him a year to grow into his "big bones."

that would be my gut feeling. give him a chance and who knows maybe he'd surprised them at SS and make a big impact this year. apparently he was what they expected ... a LB who at this point needs to grow into them bones and/or wait for the WLB spot to open. right now they need some immediate depth at SLB. be interesting now how they get him on the field.

kinda odd how they just shoved Minter outa his spot to give Davis a chance. i was hoping it more an indication of what they thought of Branch. apparently i was all wet on that one.

yorkies?

7. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

It could have been partly what they thought of Branch. They signed/drafted alot of Ss. I've read that Branch has surprised them this year.

Miniature Schauzers. Very unusal for them to be white. I also didn't get the ears cropped. Here are a couple of more recent pics.

Attached Files:

8. HeadCase

beauties. are they much trouble?

9. cathead

cathead Full Access Member

I gave my son one of those things when he was small. That damn dog hated everyone in the house but my son. Nobody could go near either one. I tried to run over that dog every time I came home from work, but he was too damn quick.

10. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Well kind of. No more than other 7 month old dogs. I love it though. I have always loved dogs. They love to show attention and love to please.

To Cathead,

That's surprising. Min Schauzers usually have great tempraments. Usually they want to jump up on anyone and everyone with tail wagging. Maybe I've just been lucky. They're also no shed, low allergy dogs, which is why my family started with them. I used to have asthma when I was a kid.

They do bark alot. I usually don't mind, but some people do.