1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Shelton trade rumor to jets

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

I love this rumor. The Broncos have supposedly been trying to add RBs all summer and now they're supposedly looking to trade one of their own.

2. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

Panthers | Shelton likely to be cut
    Sun, 20 Aug 2006 09:36:46 -0700

The Charlotte Observer reports Carolina Panthers RB Eric Shelton is likely to be cut from the team. If he is cut, as expected, there is no obvious big back to gain the tough yards for the Panthers.

3. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

link?

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

duh KFFL

5. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

It was from the 'Digest' story with small blurbs about the game. this is what it said:

Observations

• The Panthers should be concerned about their short-yardage running game. With Eric Shelton looking like he could be cut, there is no obvious big back to gain the tough yards. When the starters were in the game, DeAngelo Williams was held to no gain on third-and-1.

simply a writer's speculation...but i do not know if he is far off base.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Here: http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/football/nfl/carolina_panthers/15317179.htm

Interesting how they take "looking like he could be cut" and make it "likely to be cut," and even more hilarious is that it's not actually coming from the team.

There are basically only two scenarios in which Shelton would be cut:
    #1) We keep Cramer as a FB, consider Goings to be primarily a RB, and keep Haynes over Shelton.

#2) If Cramer isn't kept, then Shelton could get cut if Haynes and Robertson both made the squad.

Only the first one strikes me as having any realistic chance of happening, and I still doubt that Shelton gets cut.

7. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Yeah but,
    are you saying?

#1) Shelton deserves to make the roster base on the progress he has made as a RB this off season.

or

#2) the Panthers aren't going to give up on a second rounder even though their are players who have shown better production.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Based purely on production, I'd put Haynes ahead of Shelton, but he'd still make the team for me. I've favored keeping a legitimate fullback, but I want to see Cramer actually open a hole in short yardage blocking before I choose him over someone who could give us better tailback depth. We'll keep 6 total RBs, and I can't imagine that Robertson will beat out Shelton, so the real question is whether we keep Goings as a FB or consider him to be a TB.

9. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

They could keep 5 total: DeS, DeA, Hoover, Goings and one of Haynes or Robertson. They've kept 5 before, although I don't like it. Shelton is eligible for PS, but I bet he would be claimed.

I'm officially getting off the Cramer bandwagon. He's looked OK, but not enough to cut a promising player for.

10. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Shelton could be put on the PS.