1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Shaq

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Majordobie, Apr 30, 2015.

1. rake

rake Need one of these

but he's going to be an active special teams player!

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

That's what ruffled my feathers the most. Outside of a return man (at best) I don't want special team play to be mentioned about a 1st round selection

3. rake

rake Need one of these

shit he's so versatile, maybe they use him as a return man! I saw somewhere recently that he had a sub 4.4 40 time . .. that has to be wrong.

4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Pretty sure it is. Something like 4.62 I think I saw. Don't hold me to the 2.

As far as who we could have taken, Odighizuwa if the medical stuff weren't there, I would have been great with. Still hoping for a DE. Still hoping for a RB. The right WR is great too.

I think we are not as bad off at WR as people think, to tell the truth, when you add in Olsen. If Hill steps up, things look better in a hurry, and they are gonna get someone else

5. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

There might be some crow served up later. This guy has some talent, a lot of it.

6. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

If I remember correctly some of the same stuff was said of Thomas Davis when he was drafted. Didn`t know he was a safety or a linebacker or if he was going to fit at all.
    TD was a little taller, but I can`t remember what the experts were saying about him.

7. Shocker

Shaquille will end up being a fan favorite. Anybody seeing the speed and instincts I am seeing here? Hmm...he is talented. In coverage and on the blitz? Could be sick.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Funny how your tune has changed from:

9. Shocker

Yes I am not sure. Eat shit colon. Fucking moron. If you don't like it great pick!

I'll be colon...say nothing before hand, rip the pick, be wrong, back track and bash the GM.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  10. Collin

Collin soap and water

They are superficially similar, but there were no questions about Davis' willingness to hit whereas Thompson looks scared of contact. TD also showed better instincts, and it's worth noting that while Shaq bulked up to 228 for the combine, he played in the 210s at Washington. I'm not sure he can stay at 228 during a season, much less surpass it. The debate about Davis back then regarded the wisdom of putting someone fairly slight at strong-side linebacker rather than weak-side, not if he was going to be a good player.